Notifications
Clear all

Is this Rosacea on my Cheeks, or Something else?

MemberMember
(@breezyend)

Posted : 01/14/2016 4:57 pm

Hi everybody, I've been lurking on this board, and I'd really love to read your valuable opinions about the bumps on my face. I have little bumps on my cheeks, (both sides) no itching, very dry. Symptoms began to build up from the beginning of November. Prior to that, I've never really had any major issues with my skin.

I've been using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. When I saw my GP, She told me that it "definitely wasn't acne, so stop using acne meds on the bumps". She was contemplating either rosacea or dermatitis, but she wasn't sure. She referred me to a derm who's booked me for March to determine. While I'm waiting, I've been trying to google my way to answer. Do you guys have any perspective on what you think it could be? MANY thanks for your opinions...and sorry for the peach fuzz/stache in my pictures. The first and second pics are the same cheek, just different degrees of severity. Thank you again..

20160113_231823.png

20160114_164245.png

20160116_115330.jpg

MemberMember
(@classycat)

Posted : 05/16/2016 1:07 am

Omg, I also have these red patches on my cheeks and I always wondered if it was acne or rosacea. There's no pain or itch whatsoever but sometimes there's a tingling sensation. I've been dealing with this issue for about a year and a half now. I never had problems with my skin before this either. I'll be looking out for an answer!~

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 05/28/2016 11:23 pm

I'm wondering if the redness on my acne scars was actually rosacea. If so, it practically went away by going grain/rice free.

MemberMember
(@bronto)

Posted : 05/30/2016 8:53 am

Looks like Rosacea to me!
Rosacea is actually the result of an infection in the stomach or upper gut (duodenum) with Helicobacter Pylori. To get rid of it you'll have to eat veggies/ root veggies high in sulfur combined with cold pressed oils and over the counter natural fermented foods first thing in the morning on an empty stomach; eat breakfast 1h after(homemade kefir, fermented veggies in brine).Also drink natural coffee and black tea with tannin 20-30 min after lunch and/or dinner (these will stimulate the stomach to generate more hydrochloric acid which you lack at this point; this is actually the main reason for why you have Hp)

Do not use antibiotics (even natural antibiotics such as garlic, onions, most condiments, lemons, raw coconut oil and many more; there is a lot of misinformation in the media) because you'll wipe out your gut flora. If you already used antibiotics please consume natural fermented foods for at least 2/3 weeks to restore the flora.