Notifications
Clear all

Don't know what to do next

MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 01/14/2016 3:09 pm

So about 2 years ago I got this box scar on my cheek and ever since my self esteem has been low asf. I can literally not look into the mirror without focussing on this shit and that's not the only thing though, I went for Laser treatment but I really don't feel it is doing much tbh and what's so sad is that my dad spent the money for nothing so feeling guilty as hell. This has led to depressions, pushing away people that I mostly care about etc.

I was suggested subcision earlier but no derm does subcision where I live, so my only option was laser. I found a place approaching the border of the city (45minutes to get there) who does fillers, so my question to you folks, should I go for it? I have done 2 laser treatment btw.

So please don't bother replying if your replies are going to be ''This isn't even much'', this bothers me as much as your scar(s) are bothering you.

Before:

2838c57b6433e692c221fef6e086aedd.jpg

After 2 laser treatments:

dcd504e2dee2ac6ad3f5458c3751ebcb.png
MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 01/14/2016 3:16 pm

Subcision, TCA cross, maybe saline or filler could help.

MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 01/14/2016 3:18 pm

Just now, Dan34 said:

Subcision, TCA cross, maybe saline or filler could help.

I cannot begin a subcision as there are no derms where I live doing this procedure, not sure about TCA cross though. I'm thinking that saline or filler might help, thanks however..

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/14/2016 3:41 pm

I get you, we all have things we obsess about. If it means anything I think your scar is so insignificant that getting depression over it is absurd. No one will ever care about that scar except you.Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you. I know how the mind can play tricks on you. It's funny, I have a deep boxscar on my forehead that I got from chicken pox when I was very young. I've never thought or cared about it, but my acne scarring is like the end of the world lol.

Now I know I won't change your mind about treating your scar. I just wanted to share my opinion on it. Subcision seems like it would be best for your scar. I feel like fillers are kind of unreliable and that you need a really skilled doctor for good results. I wouldn't go for it. Where do you live? You said your dad spent a lot of money of laser treatments, isn't traveling to get subcision an option? Perhaps TCA cross would work. I think you should focus on targeted treatments since your skin looks very good around the scar.

MemberMember
(@leadingease)

Posted : 01/14/2016 7:43 pm

a board certified doctor who can perform fillers could fix that up easily

MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 01/15/2016 3:17 am

11 hours ago, FriskyCreek said:

I get you, we all have things we obsess about. If it means anything I think your scar is so insignificant that getting depression over it is absurd. No one will ever care about that scar except you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you. I know how the mind can play tricks on you. It's funnyarrow-10x10.png, I have a deep boxscar on my forehead that I got from chicken pox when I was very young. I've never thought or cared about it, but my acne scarring is like the end of the world lol.

Now I know I won't change your mind about treating your scar. I just wanted to share my opinion on it. Subcision seems like it would be best for your scar. I feel like fillers are kind of unreliable and that you need a really skilled doctor for good resultsarrow-10x10.png. I wouldn't go for it. Where do you live? You said your dad spent a lot of moneyarrow-10x10.png of laser treatments, isn't traveling to get subcision an optionarrow-10x10.png? Perhaps TCA cross would work. I think you should focus on targeted treatments since your skin looks very good around the scar.

Yeh I agree with subcision but not sure if my dad even going to let me travel all around the world just for this.. Eitherway, I wish I could control my mind. Thank you though.

7 hours ago, LeadingEase said:

a board certified doctor who can perform fillers could fix that up easily

Yeh was told the same earlier ^^

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 01/15/2016 8:02 am

What area do you live at? Are you sure there are no Doctors close to you that do Subcision? With the boxcar scars I would suggest Derma-stamping them (this will take a long time process, but you'll get improvement if you are patient) or have a professional do TCA Cross. Fillers will help level the indentation up making the scar more flatter, but you still have the texture issue from the outside appearance. Dermarolling or dermastamping which you can do at home will give you improvement. Not 100%, but definitely see improvement with patience.

MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 01/15/2016 12:26 pm

4 hours ago, Celaya said:

What area do you live at? Are you sure there are no Doctors close to you that do Subcision? With the boxcar scars I would suggest Derma-stamping them (this will take a long time process, but you'll get improvement if you are patient) or have a professional do TCA Cross. Fillers will help level the indentation up making the scar more flatter, but you still have the texture issue from the outside appearance. Dermarolling or dermastamping which you can do at home will give you improvement. Not 100%, but definitely see improvement with patience.

I live inSweden.
I been searching on the net for days and couldn't find a single doctor doing subcision. My patience is very low but eh, derma-stamp perhap's worth a try.
Yeh I need the scar to be lifted but my dad tells me that laser destroys the scar or w.e underneath and within time (Up to 14 days) it heals and while healing it creates new skin cells. They recommended a minimal of 5 treatment, paying 25$ each. Should I continue? The scar itself has gotten abit smoother and better after the 2 laser treatments tbh but eh, idk if laser is going to heal it though.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/15/2016 12:53 pm

They do subcision at Stellakliniken but it's expensive as hell so probably out of your budget. Scar treatment isn't very established in Sweden, they will recommend laser every time. If you feel like it is working, then I'd say try 5 more treatments. 200 kr for a treatment isn't a lot in my opinion. I don't think you're gonna see any miracles, but might see slight improvement. Not sure what you mean with healing though, your scar will never be completely healed. Scars can only be remodeled to become less visible. If I were you I'd get psychological help instead. Ingen bryr sig om ditt arr och det sager jag inte for att du ska ma battre, utan for att det ar sant. Sjukt att man kan bli sa nojjig over nagonting sa litet.

MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 01/15/2016 1:20 pm

21 minutes ago, FriskyCreek said:

They do subcision at Stellakliniken but it's expensive as hell so probably out of your budget. Scar treatment isn't very established in Sweden, they will recommend laser every time. If you feel like it is working, then I'd say try 5 more treatments. 200 kr for a treatment isn't a lot in my opinion. I don't think you're gonna see any miracles, but might see slight improvement. Not sure what you mean with healing though, your scar will never be completely healed. Scars can only be remodeled to become less visible. If I were you I'd get psychological help instead. Ingen bryr sig om ditt arr och det sager jag inte for att du ska ma battre, utan for att det ar sant. Sjukt att man kan bli sa nojjig over nagonting sa litet.

Not healing but remodeling, my English's bad couldn't find the word for it.
Exactly, I asked a person that works in host and she recommended me laser. The progress is working, but it's slow and slight improvements though.
Vet inte varken du anvande oversatt eller inte men tackar som fan

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/15/2016 2:23 pm

I'm Swedish too. I have relatives that live in the US though and I go there regularly so I'm gonna get scar treatment (subcision + more) there with an experienced doctor. It might not be a viable option for you. But just know that I have given up on getting scar treatment here in Sweden because we are so bad at it.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/16/2016 7:04 am

Du kan sakert gora subcision pa det 1-2 ganger for att fa upp det. Kolla upp Dr. Chu i london... du kan aka dit ha det gjort pa morgonen och aka tillbaks pa eftermiddagen. Han tar 300 pund varje gang. Sag till om du behover hans kontakt info.

Helt arligt dock sa maste jag papeka att vara sa orolig over ett sant liten arr maste vara otroligt tarande. Du far val sta pa dig lite. Spela dina kort ratt. Kan du inte bara saga till dig sjalv att det dar lilla arret gor dig unik? Maste man se ut som alla andra eller?

Also, @FriskyCreekhave you thought about micro-droplet injections? I think I've seen you before say subcision didn't do much for you.I can't find anyone that does it in Europe though. I have seen great results from it although there are some risks but if the doctor is experienced then maybe that's an option.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/16/2016 7:42 am

@il90Haven't looked that much into those tbh. I feel like subcision did work for me, it's just that my doctor wasn't that skilled. The scars he managed to subcise correctly showed improvement, and I didn't suction or anything. I'm just gonna go for subcision again with an experienced doctor and then do suction, needling and TCA peeling too.

MemberMember
(@d3adlyarr0w)

Posted : 01/16/2016 10:53 am

3 hours ago, il90 said:

Du kan sakert gora subcision pa det 1-2 ganger for att fa upp det. Kolla upp Dr. Chu i london... du kan aka dit ha det gjort pa morgonen och aka tillbaks pa eftermiddagen. Han tar 300 pund varje gang. Sag till om du behover hans kontakt info.

Helt arligt dock sa maste jag papeka att vara sa orolig over ett sant liten arr maste vara otroligt tarande. Du far val sta pa dig lite. Spela dina kort ratt. Kan du inte bara saga till dig sjalv att det dar lilla arret gor dig unik? Maste man se ut som alla andra eller?

Also, @FriskyCreekhave you thought about micro-droplet injections? I think I've seen you before say subcision didn't do much for you.I can't find anyone that does it in Europe though. I have seen great results from it although there are some risks but if the doctor is experienced then maybe that's an option.

Onska jag kunde saga att arret ar unikt pa ett eller annat satt men det ar inte sa det funkar jag har forsokt otroligt manga ganger. Jag ska kolla in Dr. Chu tack hur som helst.

MemberMember
(@moon123)

Posted : 11/10/2017 8:13 am

how did you do?
I got the exact same on my forehead, which Imo is worse. It's in the eye area where everyone looks at first. Anyways, I'm thinking of subcision soon

I've read somewhere that TCA Cross made someones scars look even deeper. It all depends on the skin you have and how you react to the acid. I wouldn't go for this treatment unless you heal very well. Subcision and filler would be your best choice.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 11/11/2017 7:02 pm

Your scars are probably too wide and rounded for tca cross. It works best for deep and narrow scars

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/11/2017 8:08 pm

On 1/14/2016 at 0:09 PM, D3adlyarr0w said:

I found a place approaching the border of the city (45minutes to get there) who does fillers, so my question to you folks, should I go for it?

Yes, I would definitely go for the filler. Since you have only2 visible scars that have no definable edges, this would be a perfect fit for fillers. Go for the HA filler first, which may last about 6 months, and evaluate the result. If you like what you see, then ask for a permanent filler like Bellafill.

MemberMember
(@moon123)

Posted : 11/29/2017 1:55 pm

On 11/12/2017 at 2:08 AM, Sirius Lee said:
Yes, I would definitely go for the filler. Since you have only2 visible scars that have no definable edges, this would be a perfect fit for fillers. Go for the HA filler first, which may last about 6 months, and evaluate the result. If you like what you see, then ask for a permanent filler like Bellafill.

Subcision should be considered.