Starting the Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Starting the Regimen after Accutane

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 01/14/2016 12:58 pm

Hi Everyone,
I finished Accutane about a month ago, and I already have a big pimple on my cheek. I've learned a lot while on Accutane. I'm being very gentle with my skin, barely touching while I wash, moisturizing, but here I am with a nodule. I'm still happy I went on Accutane, and I'm very certain it'll keep the cysts at bay, but I need something to help me with what I'm experiencing now. I'm very clear, but I feel like I have no course of action against the pimples I get from now on.

What I'm doing right now is very close to the regimen, just without the BP and AHA. Is starting the proper regimen a good idea for someone who gets the odd nodule? Should I wait until I get more acne to jump into the regimen? Can I use BP but only on my problem areas, or just to treat spots? Is there a chance the BP and AHA will aggravate my skin and cause acne in clear areas?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/14/2016 1:00 pm

BP can be used for just problem areas...however for some people like me it didn't work.

The acne would just come out on the areas I didn't apply the BP and it was really annoying. You can give the spot treating a try but it really differs from person to person. Hopefully it works for you so you can avoid drying out your skin.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 01/14/2016 1:13 pm

11 minutes ago, nicmic62 said:

BP can be used for just problem areas...however for some people like me it didn't work.

The acne would just come out on the areas I didn't apply the BP and it was really annoying. You can give the spot treating a try but it really differs from person to person. Hopefully it works for you so you can avoid drying out your skin.

Thank you for your reply! Just having something I can use when I feel them coming would make me feel hopeful.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/18/2016 11:56 am

I know someone who after getting clear was able to keep acne in check with just a pea-size amount of Epiduo (combination of BP and differin). Dan's AHA+ can be a great spot treatment if you feel a zit forming, sometimes it can stop it dead in its tracks if caught soon enough. But yeah, I'm apt to agree with Nicmic that spot treatment is typically not a good long-term solution and that using a treatment all over is usually inevitable. You could just use a small amount of BP(maybe a half pump to a full pump) with moisturizer and I imagine this would work well for maintaining your clear skin you worked so hard to get.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 01/18/2016 7:43 pm

Great! Thanks guys! My bp and aha is on the way! I'm planning on doing the regimen with a smaller amount of bp, maybe just on my cheeks for now and amping up as needed. Can't wait!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/19/2016 1:40 pm

17 hours ago, Fudgesicle87 said:

Great! Thanks guys! My bp and aha is on the way! I'm planning on doing the regimen with a smaller amount of bp, maybe just on my cheeks for now and amping up as needed. Can't wait!

Great! Let us know how it goes and if you have questions, we're here to help! :)