Notifications
Clear all

How to improve acne scars and skin tone NATURALLY?

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/14/2016 10:16 am

Alright hey guys! I'll get straight to the point. I have some ice pick and box car scars on my forehead that really bother me. Luckily, I can cover them since I have bangs. However, one small peak at those scars and I want to chop my head off lol. I have a bit of scarring on other parts of my face but I would say that those scars don't really bother me, it's mainly the forehead ones. But, I've noticed that actual scarring isn't my only problem, I have a few red marks but most importantly, I have uneven skin tone. I realized that If I had better skin tone, my actual scarring would seem much less noticeable. 

So so my question is, are there any NATURAL regimens I can do? I know that there are professional laser treatments, rolling, punches, and other stuff to help but, I don't have money for that and won't for a while. So, I want to ask y'all what I can use to improve skin tone, help red marks, doesn't break me out, and maybe even help "real" acne scarring a bit. Thanks guys and please leave recommendations. :) 

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/14/2016 10:50 am

1. Religious sunscreen use, good diet, exercise and a gentle 'natural' exfoliator.

2. Your best bet for your situation would be getting a few PDLs for redness and TCA crosses for your icepick scarring. Then begin 1.

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/14/2016 2:53 pm

3 hours ago, Robertitoo said:

1. Religious sunscreen use, good diet, exercise and a gentle 'natural' exfoliator.

2. Your best bet for your situation would be getting a few PDLs for redness and TCA crosses for your icepick scarring. Then begin 1.

Fair enough. Would trying to help redness only be okay for now? I won't be able get any treatment for "real acne scars" for a while since I don't have the money and most importantly, I still have acne although its
very minimal.

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/14/2016 6:24 pm

Anyone have tips for a natural regimen or even otc products that help with skin tone that don't break you out? Please Anyone? Thanks lol.

MemberMember
(@robs88)

Posted : 01/21/2016 4:43 am

Hi CoolPerson123.

I have been looking for solutions for my acne scars for  years, and oddly enough started using green tea as a facial toner on the same day you posted this. anyway i made a concoction using ingredients which I'll list below. my scars have faded and are filling out so much over this last week and my skin texture has never been this smooth, like nothing I've ever seen before and I really hope i can help someone else. 

ingredients and method:

• steep 1 green tea teabag and let it cool down, pour the tea along with the contents of the tea bag into any reusable bottle
  • 5 - 10 drops of tea tree oil. (note; you can use less if you have sensitive skin)
  • a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar. (note; you can use less if you have sensitive skin)
  • 1 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder (this stuff is amazing11111 tastes gross though)
  • shake well before every use

so i basically cleanse my face with my normal cleanser then use this as my toner morning and night, 
also I store this in the fridge cos the colder the better for reducing appearance of pores and inflamed acne
i must also mention that i haven't had a breakout since i started to use this and old pimples have gone away, which never happen and that is why i pop them.

You can google the ingredients and check out how they work to clear scars. i really hope you  find something that works for you as we all know that the scars can be worse than the actual acne.

good luck!

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/23/2016 10:06 pm

On January 21, 2016 at 1:43 AM, Robs88 said:

Hi CoolPerson123.

I have been looking for solutions for my acne scars for  years, and oddly enough started using green tea as a facial toner on the same day you posted this. anyway i made a concoction using ingredients which I'll list below. my scars have faded and are filling out so much over this last week and my skin texture has never been this smooth, like nothing I've ever seen before and I really hope i can help someone else. 

ingredients and method:

• steep 1 green tea teabag and let it cool down, pour the tea along with the contents of the tea bag into any reusable bottle
  • 5 - 10 drops of tea tree oil. (note; you can use less if you have sensitive skin)
  • a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar. (note; you can use less if you have sensitive skin)
  • 1 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder (this stuff is amazing11111 tastes gross though)
  • shake well before every use

so i basically cleanse my face with my normal cleanser then use this as my toner morning and night, 
also I store this in the fridge cos the colder the better for reducing appearance of pores and inflamed acne
i must also mention that i haven't had a breakout since i started to use this and old pimples have gone away, which never happen and that is why i pop them.

You can google the ingredients and check out how they work to clear scars. i really hope you  find something that works for you as we all know that the scars can be worse than the actual acne.

good luck!

Thanks! I think I'll seriously consider this! I'm gonna start derma stamping (or rolling, haven't decided yet) sometime soon and on the weeks that I don't do such treatment, I'll probably use this natural regimen in cunjunction to help heal scars and my skin even faster.  This sounds great so far! I see it's been a few days, do you still like this green tea treatment so far?

And as for using it, do you just put it on your face and leave it there overnight? 

MemberMember
(@robs88)

Posted : 01/25/2016 7:01 am

good luck with the derma stamping! let me know how it goes, I haven't been able to do it faithfully. (no good numbing creams available here in South Africa )
I'm still using the green tea toner and my results have been improving a bit every day and it been 2 weeks since i started using it i will make a new batch on Wednesday cos i'm still using the first batch i made.
i apply the toner and do not rinse it off, just follow with an oil blend i made to help with my scars and the apply my normal moisturizer 

MemberMember
(@jd123)

Posted : 01/26/2016 1:30 am

try raw african shea butter or either 40 carrots + acai sleep cream both are under 7 dollars

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/27/2016 4:39 pm

On January 25, 2016 at 4:01 AM, Robs88 said:

good luck with the derma stamping! let me know how it goes, I haven't been able to do it faithfully. (no good numbing creams available here in South Africa )
I'm still using the green tea toner and my results have been improving a bit every day and it been 2 weeks since i started using it i will make a new batch on Wednesday cos i'm still using the first batch i made.
i apply the toner and do not rinse it off, just follow with an oil blend i made to help with my scars and the apply my normal moisturizer 

Awesome! Glad to hear. This sounds great, I'll seriously consider this! :) 

On January 26, 2016 at 10:30 PM, JD123 said:

try raw african shea butter or either 40 carrots + acai sleep cream both are under 7 dollars 

Does it help for improving skin tone, indented scars, and not break you out?

MemberMember
(@jd123)

Posted : 01/27/2016 9:31 pm

it actually does my skin has been improving from scars and even though its a thick substance it rubs in easily. i thought it would break me out but it doesnt and ive been using it for almost a month. my skin has never looked this good i also use 40 carrots + acai sleep cream as well it works wonders

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 01/28/2016 2:29 am

Check out Jaffa Royal Jelly. It has great reviews on amazon, and definitely improves my red marks and overall skin tone. I look clean and radiant while using it.

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Jelly-Lift-Face-Concentrate/dp/B000QV9XQA

Rosehip and tea tree oil are also great and cheaper, but I like royal jelly better.