Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doingitalone

starting accutance (roche) by myself

hi people, so im 20 years old have mild to moderate acne but ffs been there for like 2 years tried absolutely everything so decided im going to take accutane now. so i weigh 73kg im doing this with the help of aunty but she lives in america lol so see how its going to work. so planning to start on 40mg for 1 week then going onto 60mg then if progress aint going well max im going up to is 80mg.  im hoping for advice from everyone here oo yeah im a male. so just hoping for good advice not that bs about jerking lool some funny people on this site.  

my aunty is a dermatologist but lives in america im in the uk so going to see how this is going to work

and the plan has changed its going to be 5 weeks on 60 mg then 9 weeks on 80mg

Why would you think anyone here would advocate or condone this on a reputable site like this? Also, what advice are you expecting that would differ from the hundreds of other threads of people taking the medication legally have yielded? If you can't think out these simple questions beforehand, what makes you think you have the capability to solve an issue should a problem during treatment occur?

woow why you so emotional macleod, the guy just wants some support from people also having the same issue. im funnier enough the same weight as you lol and hope to start in feb 

I see very little emotions in my response. It's very practical and logical. The fact of the matter is most people will not 'support' him and legally this site cannot.

How are you getting hold of the Accutane? Is your Aunt sending you this? Or are you buying it online?

And what actually is your Aunt's involvement? I don't see how she can be helping when she's 3,000 miles away.

I'm not having a go at you, just curious as to how you're going through with all this.

I agree with the other posts. Taking any prescription drug without medical supervision is reckless. Getting a script from an illegitimate online pharmacy is stupid and a little dangerous. I don't think you're gonna get any useful advice from this site. In fact an administrator will probably shut it down. If you want information about accutane or any drug, go to the nih website. 
But I insist, do not "go it alone"
go see a real doctor 

Edited by acnehardcase

Personally, as long as it's the real roche accutane then there's no harm.

go to your regular gp and get your bloods done once a month on your own and youre fine (my derm only had me have my blood taken twice during a 6 month course anyways)

-shrug- i dont see the big deal unless im missing something.

his aunt is a derm who can supply the actual accutane (not a random online brand) and can therefore tell him which blood tests he needs to carry out and look for, and can then review them, no?

if something bad happens, he stops taking them and speaks to his aunt - just like he would if he were seeing a derm face to face

if he's under supervision of his aunt, a derm, then whats the big deal? 

Edited by Lore91

So, the aunty is going to write a prescription to herself, visit a pharmacy herself, purchase the accutane, box and ship it to her nephew, and say call me if anything comes up?

OR

does aunty from the u.s. write a prescription and mail to nephew in the UK where pharmacy makes a long distance call to confirm. There is literally a system in place before dispensing accutane where a pharmacy calls and confirms with the doctors office and iPledge that a user has read and consented to the waivers and signed them. Anything other than that process would be subversive and malpractice (illegal).\\

Are these real accounts? Does anyone here think before they type? There are so many holes in this fantasy of a story.

I doubt you can take a US prescription to a UK pharmacy. As far as I'm aware you can only use a prescription with a UK doctors registration number on.

And you certainly can't legally send controlled drugs across international borders for personal use.