Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Illsa

Redness after washing (while on accutane)

Hi, everyone~

New member here (but I've been lurking around this forum and been reading posts about accutane). :rolleyes:
I've been on accutane for 40 days, 10 mg/day. During the day, I wear moisturizer, sunscreen, and mineral powder foundation. Lately, I've noticed that my skin has been behaving strangely:

1. Right after I wash my face in the afternoon, my red marks become more prominent and I also have red patches on my face (they don't hurt and aren't itchy or bumpy). I wash with gentle face wash (ph 5.5), followed by moisturizer. They go away after 45 - 60 min.
I tried changing my face wash, going out without makeup at all, slathering aloe vera gel, applying moisturizer twice. Nothing worked.
What's weird is that this only happens after I go out (I work indoor) and is out for hours before I have to wash my face in the afternoon. When I wash with the same cleanser in the morning, nothing happen.

I live in a tropical country and during the day, it can get really hot (but I wear sunscreen and an umbrella :shy: whenever I'm out in the sun)

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm afraid of irritating my skin barrier.
Thanks

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes