Notifications
Clear all

Irratation after starting prescription acne treatment

MemberMember
(@smileybeeceeyahoo-com)

Posted : 01/13/2016 5:28 pm

My acne had started to get tremendously worse so I went to my doctor and he put me back on an acne treatment. As soon as I started it the next morning, my face turned bright red and was very warm and itchy later on in the day.

I put on prescriptionclindamycin phosphate topical lotion in themorning and then 10% BP gel afterward and then proceeded to do my makeup. Later in the day, my face reacted like no other. I think doing my makeup right after affected my face in some way with the BP gel because I have used the rest before and never reacted and my back is not red or itchy in any way.

Any suggestions on how to solve the itchy red face solution while still using all the products my doctor gave me?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/13/2016 6:55 pm

1 hour ago, Brianna said:

My acne had started to get tremendously worse so I went to my doctor and he put me back on an acne treatment. As soon as I started it the next morning, my face turned bright red and was very warm and itchy later on in the day.

I put on prescriptionclindamycin phosphate topical lotion in themorning and then 10% BP gel afterward and then proceeded to do my makeup. Later in the day, my face reacted like no other. I think doing my makeup right after affected my face in some way with the BP gel because I have used the rest before and never reacted and my back is not red or itchy in any way.

Any suggestions on how to solve the itchy red face solution while still using all the products my doctor gave me?

Maybe 10% is too much for your skin.