My biggest problem ...

Notifications
Clear all

My biggest problem is my oily nose and clogged pores!

MemberMember
(@mya15xx)

Posted : 01/13/2016 3:49 pm

Hi
i was wondering if anyone had any tips to help me.

basically im 22 years old and only ever had mild acne. At the moment my skin is pretty much normal apart from the odd pimple now and again. However my problem is that my nose gets incredibly shiny and greasy after a few hours of wearing makeup. I have tried alot of lotions and cosmetics to try and get rid of it but nothing has worked. I also been drinking peppermint tea for the past month and no changes at all, i have just started using ACV but no changes yet. In addition to that i have lots of small bumps like clogged pores around my nose crease area and i just cannot get rid of them. The fold/crease around the nose both sides are reddish and full of small clogged pores which looks even more terrible once the oiliness kicks in. Help?!

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/13/2016 6:57 pm

3 hours ago, Mya15xx said:

Hi
i was wondering if anyone had any tips to help me.

basically im 22 years old and only ever had mild acne. At the moment my skin is pretty much normal apart from the odd pimple now and again. However my problem is that my nose gets incredibly shiny and greasy after a few hours of wearing makeup. I have tried alot of lotions and cosmetics to try and get rid of it but nothing has worked. I also been drinking peppermint tea for the past month and no changes at all, i have just started using ACV but no changes yet. In addition to that i have lots of small bumps like clogged pores around my nose crease area and i just cannot get rid of them. The fold/crease around the nose both sides are reddish and full of small clogged pores which looks even more terrible once the oiliness kicks in. Help?!

Do you use a primer under your makeup? Maybelline is really good for oily skin and I have bumps on my nose and chin area too which is so annoying, try using aloe vera gel 🙂

MemberMember
(@mya15xx)

Posted : 01/13/2016 7:09 pm

Hey thanks for your response! I do use the maybelline pore eraser primer but it doesnt really help! And yes i been using aloe vera too. Literally have experimented with so many products but no soloution :|

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/21/2016 11:45 am

you could try using milk of magnesia (original) as a primer. seems to be either a hit or a miss with people.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=10870/Milk-of-Magnesia-Mask/No-Brand-%28DIY-or-homemade%29/Masks

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/21/2016 1:20 pm

1 hour ago, hopeless87 said:

you could try using milk of magnesia (original) as a primer. seems to be either a hit or a miss with people.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=10870/Milk-of-Magnesia-Mask/No-Brand-%28DIY-or-homemade%29/Masks

You're not supposed to use MOM everyday though. Just on special occasions. There are some side effects of prolonged use on the face. But it works well, sad part.