Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started taking 50mg of spironolactone about 2 or 3 months ago for hormonal acne. I also take Tarina Fe birth control and have been using that brand for about 6 months now. Spironolactone has definitely helped clear my skin up, but I am also experiencing what I believe to be a side effect of the med. I have vomited twice now for what seems to be no apparent reason. It happened about a month apart, and the first time was after going to the dentist and getting a fluoride treatment so I assumed it was due to that. However, it happened again this past week and I felt the same way before vomiting as I did the first time it happened the month before. I got super hot/dizzy/nauseous, and by some miracle made it home both times before throwing up. After I throw up I feel totally fine... I am wondering if spironolactone has possibly caused this? Both times I had not eaten really and had just sat down to eat lunch, had a few bites of food, and felt incredibly sick. Thank you anyone for any advice/thoughts...! :surprised:

Two instances of this a month apart is far from conclusive.  Spiro can lead to dizziness due to it being a medication for lowering blood pressure but I don't recall vomiting as a side effect.  I would keep on monitoring and documenting when this happens as the frequency seems to be few and far apart