Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnSmith117

Acutane tinnitus

So I stared accutane last week. 20mg a day. I stopped after 4 days as my joints were aching already and my ears were ringing for a couple mins. 

2 days after I stopped my ears began ringing constantly, it's that and/or a buzzing sound 24/7. I had amoxicillin recently for an infection but was told there was no interaction concerns.

A few questions. 

What at is causing the ringing? I took only 80mg total.

Might it subside?

Anyone with similar experiences?

Edited by JohnSmith117

I hope mine isn't either but the timing is too coincidental. Has anyone had their ringing subside? I'm super afraid I did some permanent damage after 4 days

Yes, I have had tinnitus for the past 8 years after a month of accutane. That symptom combined with my slightly enlarged right pupil (papildema) suggests secondary intracranial pressure by retinoid. I've been on these forums for about 7 years, and have met i'd say about 100 people around the world who have complained of tinnitus after accutane...Hope that answers your question...

4 hours ago, macleod said:

Yes, I have had tinnitus for the past 8 years after a month of accutane. That symptom combined with my slightly enlarged right pupil (papildema) suggests secondary intracranial pressure by retinoid. I've been on these forums for about 7 years, and have met i'd say about 100 people around the world who have complained of tinnitus after accutane...Hope that answers your question...

Awe im so sorry to hear this. How do you cope? And does that mean this tinnitus isn't from damage to the ear hairs?