Notifications
Clear all

Facial Brushes

MemberMember
(@liz-lewis)

Posted : 01/13/2016 3:39 am

Hi, everyone! I wanted to see if anyone here tried adding facial cleansing brushes to their daily routine? And how did it change your skin problems? I am currently in the process of searching for a new one, just want to make sure I don't waste my money. Thanks

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/13/2016 9:35 am

5 hours ago, Liz Lewis said:

Hi, everyone! I wanted to see if anyone here tried adding facial cleansing brushes to their daily routine? And how did it change your skin problems? I am currently in the process of searching for a new one, just want to make sure I don't waste my money. Thanks

I just recently started using Olay ProX cleansing system and it doesn't irritate my skin, at least not yet. Some of the tiny red bumps on my chin have reduced too. Just be gentle so it doesn't irritate your skin. I use this every night. (Not morning)

Liz Lewis liked
MemberMember
(@natadk)

Posted : 01/14/2016 5:19 am

Clarisonic irritated my skin with all the brush types available. It stripped the skin and irritated it so much, no matter how often or seldom I used it. Now I use Cleanse-a-sonic brush with silicone bristles once or twice a week and it is great! I guess Foreo Luna is the same type brush where the bristles don't irritate the skin too much.

MemberMember
(@sleepyhead93)

Posted : 01/18/2016 8:38 pm

Facial brushes can be either bad or good depending on you how your skin reacts. I previously have used a knock-off version of the Clarisonic and enjoyed the way it made my face feel. I would do it in the shower, while my pores were open and my skin was relaxed. I stopped using it and switched to a microfiber wash cloth (specifically for the face) which was a bit too rough for me. I'm back to using my hands for face washing and it seems to be more gentle and I don't notice as much irritation once I step out of the shower and proceed to apply acne products. I liked that the facial brush got deep within my pores, which is something your hands can't do it. I recently developed some congestion on the side of my face near the cheek. I'm considering getting another brush to get more of a deeper clean.

My acne is mild to moderate, but I do have sensitive skin. For people with more moderate to severe acne, a brush might cause irritation and make it worse. However, part of the contribution to acne is clogged pores. I think it's really a matter of trial and error.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/18/2016 11:58 pm

3 hours ago, sleepyhead93 said:

Facial brushes can be either bad or good depending on you how your skin reacts. I previously have used a knock-off version of the Clarisonic and enjoyed the way it made my face feel. I would do it in the shower, while my pores were open and my skin was relaxed. I stopped using it and switched to a microfiber wash cloth (specifically for the face) which was a bit too rough for me. I'm back to using my hands for face washing and it seems to be more gentle and I don't notice as much irritation once I step out of the shower and proceed to apply acne products. I liked that the facial brush got deep within my pores, which is something your hands can't do it. I recently developed some congestion on the side of my face near the cheek. I'm considering getting another brush to get more of a deeper clean.

My acne is mild to moderate, but I do have sensitive skin. For people with more moderate to severe acne, a brush might cause irritation and make it worse. However, part of the contribution to acne is clogged pores. I think it's really a matter of trial and error.

You can use a facial brush but not everyday 🙂