Notifications
Clear all

Who has gotten IPL laser treatment done for red marks?

MemberMember
(@baze15)

Posted : 01/12/2016 7:50 pm

I'm considering getting laser work done on my red marks leftover from acne. I do not have that much scarring but rather, red hyper-pigmentation marks. For whoever has gotten IPL done for red marks (not deep scars), what was your experience like? Did you see positive results? How much did you pay per session?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bee4acne)

Posted : 01/13/2016 4:39 pm

I paid 150 per treatment. I had 2 treatments a month ago (2 weeks apart) and had a burn mark from the treatment. I don't see any improvement in my red marks.

MemberMember
(@baze15)

Posted : 01/13/2016 9:52 pm

Thanks for posting. It's upsetting hearing most people not benefiting from laser treatments...I was counting on them since nothing else is working.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/14/2016 10:52 am

They work but it's just a matter of going to someone experienced and aftercare. Just because one anecdote begs to differ, doesn't mean you should opt out..

MemberMember
(@kid-charlemagne)

Posted : 01/22/2016 8:47 am

I think IPL is worth a shot. My experience is that on red marks, it works on smaller ones after a few treatments and fades things a bit quicker than without them. That said, for some of my larger, darker red marks -- I don't think it did a lot. Or maybe it did help them fade slightly faster over the long term. IPL is fantastic on brown pigment like sun damage. Everything flakes off a couple of days later. I think the results are mixed with red marks/blown blood vessels/post inflammatory erythema. The good news is that there is very little downtime. From what I've read and heard, vbeam is probably better for red marks, but you have swelling and downtime.

MemberMember
(@nyc7)

Posted : 02/15/2018 8:05 pm

Do ipl and your face will be so bad you'll never leave the house . The damage it causes is not on the consent but honest dr's admit it . It causes scars (on consent ), hypo and hyperpigmentation (on consent ) and nor for what's not on the consent : lots of orange peel texture allover your face, if you want a small area, you'll come away with your whole face treated ? Why? Becayde they know the damage it cAuses . What else? Very large pores , wrinkles , dehydration , thin skin, pink colored skin, waxy face, bizarre designs , any light mark will be etched in your face forever , any freckle will be 5 times the size and etched in your face forever , elastin and collagen damage , permanent damage to your dermis , and the one I did not bekkrve but do now , fat cell death , check out the 20 something year olds that look 45 and had to get fat Grafts. Weird white lines will shoot across your face .

ipl helps nothinb . No one looks better . I've seen 19 year olds whose face shape turned into an old lady 1 year post ipl .

its bad and permanent. You see the testimonies with photos and they just keep getting worse

retin a can cause some texture problems but that can go away in a year. Ipl is much worse and for life

I wouldn't risk using retin a . Better like your skin how it is. Be gentle . Go caveman .

MemberMember
(@bcole)

Posted : 07/29/2020 7:46 pm

Nyc7,

Has your damage gotten any better? I know this was posted a couple of years ago, but just looking for some hope after ipl damage.