Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Conzey

Advice on BHA and steps to take?

Ive struggled with blackheads for years. Over time they've got worse. As a result i get spots form these blackheads which are located on chin, nose and forehead mainly. Nothing has worked and now they are deep.

I want to try something new like a Paulas Choice BHA 2% because i think it could be beneficial for closing pores. Has anyone experience with this?.

my question is, shouldijust use a BHA and a face wash. Or to make it more effective should i get a toner on top of that. If so at what times do i apply each?.

Also should i pop the blackheads or get a facial at a saloon and then put the BHA on after?

Thanks!!

Hi Conzey, I'm in the same boat and I've started using BHA three weeks ago. So far my skin has gotten worse, not better, but it could be the BHA unclogging my pores and brining the gunk to the surface faster. That's what I'm hoping! I'll let you know if they do get better.

Toners are a waste of money in my opinion. What u need first and foremost is a cleanser that doesn't dry out your skin, becayse blackheads form when skin is oily and dyhadrated. An acne cleanser will only make matters worse. 
Clean your face than apply BHA, wait 30 mins, then apply a light mouisturiser of your choice. Has to be light so it doesn't clog your pores up more. You'll need mouisturiser to counteract the drying effects of BHA and in my experience a good mouistruiser prevents blackheads in itself because if the skin remains moist and supple there is no layer of dead dry skin to clog you pores. I've had my skin clear with just a mouisturiser and gentle cleanser before.