Notifications
Clear all

Water-only face washing suggestions

MemberMember
(@liquidhazel)

Posted : 01/11/2016 8:12 pm

Hi everyone! I am 29 years old and have been battling acne since I was a teenager. I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked. I also have ridiculously oily skin. After doing some research, I decided to try to water-only face washing technique. I am on week 5 and am having mixed results. Here is what I do:

Morning:
While in the shower, I let hot water rinse down my face and gently rub it a bit
Then, I put on a light layer of jojoba oil on my face

Night:
While in the shower, I get my face wet with hot water. I gently use a baby washcloth and wipe down my face. Rinse with hot water.
Then, I put a light layer of jojoba oil on my face

That's it! I started incorporating the baby washcloth because of the dead skin that was accumulating on my face.

I have noticed that my skin is not as oily as it used to be, but it definitely is still oily,

When I first started this technique, my skin drastically improved. All of my pimples came to a head.

However, in the past week or so I have developed a few cystic zits. One on my cheek and the others on my chin (my chin is by far my biggest problem area). I'm not sure if this is because of ovulation/PMS or what. Do you guys have any ideas? I was thinking of not using hot water anymore, but cold water instead.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/12/2016 12:32 pm

My guess is the new acne is a recent hormonal fluctuation and not because of you washing your face. I would suggest using warm water as opposed to hot as hot water can dry out skin and cause irritation. Warm is gentler on skin but still effective for washing.

Hope this is helpful! 🙂