Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a 29 year old male and up until two years ago I've suffered from acne varying from mild to extreme, but now after months of testing products and research on how acne and oily skin works I've completely turned things around. I wrote a blog about how I did it and want to share my method with everybody.

here's my little tutorial on{LINK REMOVED}

I hope others find it useful, I wish you all great luck and better lives with clearer faces :)

Edited by CP.
no blogs

that's a shame well my written article would be worth sharing.

i'll post the article here

Okay, I want to start off by saying "its not okay to let your face go wash free". What I am saying is "wash your face less".

What I've learned over the years is that washing your face excessively is a bad thing. I know it's hard to understand why you should let your natural skin oil work to your advantage when all it does is give you a greasy face and a feeling of mild discomfort.
By washing your face with [Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin] that you may have bought over the counter (which is fine), you are stripping and removing  the protective barrier of your face skin. This protective barrier is the the oil secreted from your skin or sebaceous glands, this oil is called sebum. Sebum is needed to protect your skin from skin damaging substances of the everyday world.

Now here's the thing, washing your face is a must, there's too much junk that attaches itself to your skin throughout the day and you need to get it off. The only problem is that by washing your face your natural oil (sebum) is removed and your bodies natural function is to quickly pump that oil from the sebaceous gland back onto the surface of the skin. This reaction can cause the sebaceous gland to become over-active and will secrete an abnormal amount of oil onto your face, creating that unattractive oily face we all dread. Not to mention this reaction will end up quickly creating acne and in vast amounts, this is due to the oil getting trapped under the skin and blocked pours.

One method I use to keep my skin clear is by only washing my face at night and on every other day. That might sound like a bad idea to many people, but trust me IT WORKS.

Another method I use is a proven method and works so well, that I stuck with it. Though the above method works just as good, this one will keep the oil away throughout most of the day. The main reason I chose this method is because I don't like the unwashed face feeling, at all (even though it still appears clean to everyone else).
this requires a face wash in the morning and a wash at night just before bed. When I start the morning I will use a simple yet effective face cleanser by Neutrogena called Healthy Skin Boosters. I've been playing around with multiple facial cleansers and found this one works best for me. When my day is done and I'm ready for bed, I will give my face a quick wash with another Neutrogena product called Deep Clean Facial Cleanser. I chose to stay in the same product line just to be safe.

The deep clean product is an a more focused cleanser mainly for doing a full facial cleanse leaving your skin dry and susceptible to sebum overproduction, but it gets your face clean and that's what we want. This will cause your face to become oily during the night and mostly likely you will wake up with acne, and that's definitely not what we want.

So to combat this acne causing "night oil", you will need a different type of oil that mimics your natural sebum. Why, you ask? well it's simple, you are tricking your body to think that you already have enough oil on your face and this will dramatically reduce the sebum production while you sleep, which greatly reduces chances of morning acne. I chose to go with a really fine oil that has worked wonders for me its called Jojoba oil. After you wash your face at night apply this jojoba oil to your face, you only need a few drops. You might feel uncomfortable sleeping with an oily face at night, but you get used to it and it really pays off.

Remember to wash the oil off before you start your day, wash with the a gentle daytime cleanser like the one mentioned above.

I hope this has been informative to any readers looking for a cheap yet effective way to live a much better acne free life.

{LINK REMOVED}

Edited by CP.
no blog-links; unnecessary hyperlinking (product names suffice)

I think more people should know about this. It's a very nice way to get your skin back to its natural state by giving it time to repair itself.
Also, this isn't something you have to do on a constant daily basis (if you so choose). You can go two weeks on, and one week off etc... Just what ever works best for you.

I think you mean to say Jojoba oil not Joba Joba oil (and it's really a wax, not an oil).

I'm torn about your article. 

Excessive face washing is bad, but not washing your face enough is equally bad. If you ever take a toner and just wipe your face with it at the end of the day OR even first thing in the morning, you'll see that the cotton pad will be dirty. We think that we're just surrounded by air, but air carries dust, dead skin cells, pollutants... and these particles mix with your sebum while you walk around, and while you sleep. 

I think you can use a gentle non-stripping cleanser as an alternative to skipping face washing, like a Micelle Solution (marketed as non-rinse water that removes makeup and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural moisture).

Warning: Micelle Solutions are marketed as non-rinse, but from personal experience and the experience of friends, you have to wash it off. Acne-prone skin is sensitive, so I wouldn't leave a micelle solution on it. My favourite Micelle Solution is from Bioderma - it's called Sensibio H2O.

I'm looking into using Jojoba as well... Although I had a bad experience with it when I was younger - I might have been using it wrong. I'm itching do experiment with Jojoba properly and see if it can really trick the skin into balancing sebum production.

With love,
Olena

Correct, my spell correction auto insert function for some weird reason puts it as joba joba lol.  Mistake has been fixed.  Thanks for that. 

But I would recommend using the proper jojoba oil. It's not waxy at all, it feels more like natural sebum. 

I'm  just using my method due to experience. After years of really bad acne and a whole lot of trial and error I'm quite literally acne free. I have found a method that works for me and wanting to share my method with everybody in hopes it may help others. 

Edited by sirsnits

So giving advice that worked for me and sharing my methods is a bad thing?

Every thing I wrote on my blog is up on this forum. 

Edited by sirsnits

8 hours ago, sirsnits said:

So giving advice that worked for me and sharing my methods is a bad thing?

Every thing I wrote on my blog is up on this forum. 

Stop twisting the facts and playing the victim's card. Nobody said sharing your methods was wrong. Fact is, you explicitly promoted two links to your blog until they were removed. So, there.