Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
selena29

microdermabrasion on icepick and boxcar scars

i am 16 years old and i had mild cystic acne and just pimples in general from the age of 11-14. for the past year i haven't had any bad breakouts, just a few pimples here and there, but i am left several icepick and boxcar scars from my previous acne and i didn't even pick at my acne that much. a couple weeks ago i started using the neutrogena microdermabrasion system at home to help my indented scars. i feel like this machine is a good exfoliator.  is this is a good idea? is my skin to young to use microdermabrasion?  will it help my scars fill in or go away?  i have lost all hope and i feel like they will never go away.  thank you so much for your help and advice.Microdermabrasion.jpg

It is not likely to improve your scars, but as long as it is not causing any irritation or active acne it should be fine to use as directed. 

Haven't heard anyone getting success from microdermabrasion, but there are definitely ways to improve your scars. I would try dermastamping, TCA peels and TCA cross.