Notifications
Clear all

Cerave Moisturizers Burning

MemberMember
(@tillybean)

Posted : 01/10/2016 9:43 am

I have been using Cerave hydrating cleanser along with the AM/PM moisturizers for awhile. I recently went back to the dermatologist because I started getting hormonal acne and it was getting worse. I started 25 mg Spiro 1x a day along with Onexton in the morning and Retin-A at night (Retin-A was not new to me, as I had been using it off and on since April).

I applied the Onexton all over my face yesterday (first use - had to mail order) and then my AM moisturizer. My face burned for hours. I know burning is a side effect of any BP product, but I've also been sensitive to sunscreens on my face before. I got the regular Cerave moisturizing lotion and applied it last night after Retin-A, no problem. This morning, I only used the Onexton on my jawline where I'm breaking out but moisturizer all over. My face is mildly burning still. It only burned when I applied the moisturizer. Any ideas? My face hasn't burned like this before using Cerave. Maybe my skin is just hyper sensitive with all the new things. Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@tillybean)

Posted : 01/10/2016 11:39 am

Thanks for the reply CP! I didn't think it was anything to worry about, I just found it strange that it started happening all of a sudden. Thanks again!