Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angela4man

Do I Have Hormonal Acne

I am 22 and have always had pretty good skin but a little on the dry side and occasionally I would get at least 1-2 tiny red acne bumps on my chin or jawline. The past month it has been getting a lot worse and i've been getting cystic just on my jawline and my chin has been clear for a while. I used to use benefit's foundation stick it started causing me to get oily and I would get tiny closed comedones on my forehead didn't make my jawline acne any worse but to help with my forehead I stopped using it and I switched to Estee Lauder double wear. For my skincare routine I which I do all my routines morning and night used to use philosophy purity to remove my makeup then I would use my clarisonic and the sensitive brush head with the clarisonic cleanser it came with. Then I switched to using Estee Lauder take it away makeup remover then with my clarisonic I use Boscia purifying cleansing gel. For lotion I use the Cera Ve moisturizing lotion for normal to dry skin or sometimes I will use the simple replenishing moisturizer.  Nothing is helping and the past week it has been getting worse. I started esthetician school 3 months ago but it hasn't been this bad as it is now. When in school we practice on each other 1-2x a week using Dermalogica products. I have so far gotten a basic facial and never had problems and this week I got an age smart facial that same night/next morning my face looked great and the acne was drying up and all of a sudden I removed my makeup the next night and my whole jaw was red and the acne was worse but before the facial I still had bad acne . Would this be considered hormonal acne or is it something else? 

It sounds to me like it might be from switching products all of the time. Are you on birth control? If it gets worst, I would make an appointment with a dermatologist and stick with a very simple regimen. I hope it gotten better since you posted! XO