Notifications
Clear all

Advice on my skin condition

MemberMember
(@itcantrainallthetime)

Posted : 01/08/2016 2:50 pm

First and foremost  like many of you I suffer from  acne since my teens . I just joined this site and can't  express any more to what I've  read in the treats . I think I've been  true every emotion  actions and reactions  mention . I feel your pain . I'm now 34 and relapsing  into depression  and reliving those feelings and actions and reactions  over again . For the longest time I didn't took care of my skin is guess I stopped caring and the active acne went away , however  it left scaring  both physically  and mentally. Monday I'm stepping into a dermatologist  office after many years and honestly I'm afraid of making things worst by being sold with the idea of peels lasers micro etc etc ...it bad as it is I can't  imagine  if the problem turns worst by my own narcissism.  However  I do have a skin  problem that effects  me . If any of  you have the same skin condition  I would like to ask you for advice on how you take care of it .... I'm not sure of what type of scaring it is but but what I've read it seems to be ice pick type and I'm considering  micro needling not sure  please advise  if I'm wrong ... Thank you in advance :) ... 

20160108_111120-1.jpg

20160108_111120-2.jpg

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 01/08/2016 6:52 pm

It looks like you have shallow ice pick plus some non-acne related scarring. From what I've read TCA cross is the most effective treatment for ice pick scarring. Single needling or maybe dermastamping may also be effective, not sure if rolling would work well for you. Personally,I would not bother with lasers, microderm, or peels.

MemberMember
(@itcantrainallthetime)

Posted : 01/08/2016 8:56 pm

1 hour ago, PCT14 said:

It looks like you have shallow ice pick plus some non-acne related scarring. From what I've read TCA cross is the most effective treatment for ice pick scarring. Single needling or maybe dermastamping may also be effective, not sure if rolling would work well for you. Personally,I would not bother with lasers, microderm, or peels.

thank you for the time to answer. Yes I have some non acne scars but those don't bother me at all as I'm not looking for perfection the acne scars however do , amazing is that at in the evening or indoors lighting strong or weak they don't seem to be bad but in day time it feels like I didn't wash my face for months .. isn't dermastaming almost the same as microneedling ? I've considered tca cross aswell but I'm too paranoid that it will burn my skin with permanent damage so it's a bit scary for me but it's on second on the list .

MemberMember
(@itcantrainallthetime)

Posted : 01/08/2016 9:26 pm

29 minutes ago, Itcantrainallthetime said:
2 hours ago, PCT14 said:

It looks like you have shallow ice pick plus some non-acne related scarring. From what I've read TCA cross is the most effective treatment for ice pick scarring. Single needling or maybe dermastamping may also be effective, not sure if rolling would work well for you. Personally, I would not bother with lasers, microderm, or peels.

thank you for the time to answer. Yes I have some non acne scars but those don't  bother me at all as I'm not looking for perfection the acne scars however do , amazing is  that  at in the evening  or indoors  lighting  strong or weak they don't seem to be bad but in day time it feels like I didn't  wash my face for months .. isn't  dermastaming almost the same as microneedling ?  I've considered  tca cross aswell but I'm too paranoid  that it will  burn my skin with permanent  damage so it's a bit scary for me but it's on second on the list . 

20160108_212301-1-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 01/08/2016 9:44 pm

Yeah, microneedling covers a lot of different treatments, just different ways of performing it. How about having the derm do TCA cross to one scar, your worst ice pick, and seeing how it reacts. I think the potential improvement will be much higher than microneedling for ice picks.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/09/2016 2:29 am

If you go to a qualified, reputable doctor that performs TCA cross you won't get permanently damaged skin. Most horror stories are from people who try it on themselves. If I were you I'd talk to a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 01/09/2016 2:30 am

You could also start off by trying TCA cross with a lower concentration of TCA and see how that goes before increasing strength. Say 50% instead of 80-100% right away. Might do the trick since they are shallow icepicks just might take more rounds but with less risks. Agree with dermastamping as well. Resurfacing at the end might help smooth things out even more. I think you can get a lot of improvement. Post your pics on RealSelf I'm sure the professionals will agree you can achieve improvement you're happy with.

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 01/09/2016 3:31 am

tca cross will help i guess ..

MemberMember
(@itcantrainallthetime)

Posted : 01/11/2016 3:57 pm

Thank you guys for your answers , finally I stepped today in my old dermatologist office where years ago I was treated for active acne . It was a different doctor and the first treatment type that she adviced was in mode fractora. Second was bella fill . After my online research and also by asking in realself suggest by ommmm tca cross seemed like the most suggestive . Im now torn in between choosing between tca cross or fractora as my initial step . I asked her about tca cross she said they perform it in the office but it was another doctor . As for pricing tca cross and fractora seem to be exactly double . The question now is the worth having fractora vs tca cross ? Would love to get your opinions . Thank you in advance