Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jones4545

Bloodwork and Cholesterol on accutane

So quick topic. I want to take some supplements to aid my body throught my course. Possible curb some of the side effects. (not vit A of course)

Also, my initial blood test showed that my LDL cholesterol was a little high. How should I go about lowering this so I can stay on the course? Trying to take pills with high fat meals 20g minimum.

Edited by Jones4545

Lose weight. More cardio exercise. Limit red meat and processed meats like bacon, cold cuts, and hot dogs. Or statins like Lipitor. I don't think much of supplements. Short term elevated cholesterol isn't much to lose sleep over. 

2 hours ago, acnehardcase said:

Lose weight. More cardio exercise. Limit red meat and processed meats like bacon, cold cuts, and hot dogs. Or statins like Lipitor. I don't think much of supplements. Short term elevated cholesterol isn't much to lose sleep over. 

Thanks for the reply. I can't lose much more weight to be honest, I'm a pretty fit guy. I went paleo about 3 months ago hoping for it to help my acne, but it did very little. In the past 3 months my cholesterol levels have increased so I want to stop that trend.