Notifications
Clear all

Worst breakout in years caused by potatoes

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 01/07/2016 12:25 pm

This past weekend I had more potatoes than I've ever had before. Mashed, french fries, chopped. A couple days later o developed so many whiteheads...one of the worst breakouts I've had in years. I then learned that potatoes are one of the highest glycemic foods.

Anyone else have a problem with potatoes?

MemberMember
(@ashby101)

Posted : 01/15/2016 9:27 am

Did you eat it with or without the skin? I had a breakout when I ate a lot of potatoes with skin, but I'm fine if I eat it without. Think it's because of the iodine in it.

MemberMember
(@wiseeldersage)

Posted : 01/18/2016 9:18 pm

My friend we must not blame the potatoes but the conditions in which they were presented. Mashed potatoes may contain butter and milk which has difficult properties to digest causing the whiteheads.

French fried potatoes are cooked in extreme temperature oils that can cause rancidity or oxidation damage to the potato and consuming that no matter potato or mars bar will give you skin problems over time

Exning liked
MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/19/2016 2:25 am

Looks like an acute case of hyperpotatoglycomosis, but at least you survived. I'd hate to ask what happened structural integrity of your porcelain toilet though. Brings back flashbacks to '86 during the Count Choculitis outbreak/

Potatoes are the superfoods for overfeeding your glycogen stores and due to it's macro content it's no wonder that the blood sugar spike along with evelation in IGF-1/Growth Hormone. It goes deeper like Pl3K/AKT/mTOR pathways , but who really wants to know that hooblah.

MemberMember
(@woodencyclone)

Posted : 02/02/2016 8:36 pm

If you're up for it, try eating baked potatoes with no butter and some sea salt, test it out. Also, try taking (ceylon) cinnamon with the potato, as cinnamon lowers blood sugar spikes.