Notifications
Clear all

URGENT Help needed!!!

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 01/07/2016 12:18 pm

Hi all. I got the collagen induction microneedling procedure done yesterday to most of my face and especially the cheekbones area on each side. However, I don't think the office is open today (many of the Dr's in the city I went to probably work in other offices or at hospitals too on certain days) and I am only getting the voicemail. I called another clinic in the area that offers many of the same services and unfortunately they weren't able to advise since they haven't seen me before the procedure and now and they don't know how aggressive the other clinic was; it makes sense that they wouldn't give advice on this out!

My concern is this: Can I use an electric shaver to shave off my facial hair stubble??? I believe my skin has recovered well in the 24+ hrs since the procedure, as much of the redness (like a bad sunburn yesterday) has gone away and there really isn't any more pain or dryness.... In the aftercare sheet, there is no mention about avoiding shaving (both with a razor type shaver or an electric type shaver that doesn't get as close) in the days following the procedure... I didn't do any shaving yesterday and did not wash my face with regular soap per the instructions; but only used their after care serums and my cetaphil gentle cleanser this morning...

The reason I ask is that I'm starting a new job this afternoon - in a few hours!!!! Although it is in a manufacturing environment, I'd like to avoid having the stubble showing...

Please help anyone!!!

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 01/07/2016 1:08 pm

Please disregard the alarm! The clinic just got back to me and said that I should not use an electric shaver for the next 2-3 days since the skin is still very sensitive.

Ok if anyone asks, I will say I'm regrowing a beard lol