Notifications
Clear all

i've been using tretinoin for almost 6 months and i still am breaking out

MemberMember
(@sighpasty)

Posted : 01/07/2016 6:03 am

i started tretinoin onjuly 27th. i'm unsure if my skins drastically improved, i am just aware that i still get breakouts. i've had so called 'mild acne' for two years; i've used acnefree and proactiv in the past, and that's it. honestly i want a product that i'm confident will work and not include a purging phase. my whole expierence of purging and acne overall has abducted my self esteem and is controlling my life. please help with feedback about continuing the .1% reitin-a treatment although my complexion isn't clear still.

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 01/07/2016 1:59 pm

If you've tried antibiotics, then the next step is isotretinoin (accutane)

MemberMember
(@leftridingcropinmortuary)

Posted : 01/07/2016 2:32 pm

As in, oral, not retin-a gel.

MemberMember
(@sighpasty)

Posted : 01/07/2016 5:53 pm

i'm using the cream currently and i have never took antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 01/07/2016 6:30 pm

Ive been on Retin-A for the past 15 years and it does work but takes forever before you will notice a difference. If I remember correctly it took at least 8 months for me to start seeing my acne clearing.

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 01/07/2016 11:38 pm

I've used it tazorac gel both percentages for 3 years. And I'm still not clear so I hear you. My acne is hormonal/oily skin based so I wasn't really expecting complete clearance. What I will say tho it helps fade pigmentation and heals pimples much faster. Give it some time and if not look deeper into the root of the problem.

sighpasty liked