Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JCD97b

Why do I have chest acne still?

I'm 18 years old and suffering from chest acne that is stubborn and won't seem to go away, the only time it was cleared up was when I was on a prescription of 100mg of minocycline a day. I dropped the prescription and a week later the chest acne is back in full force. My face is clear and my back is mostly clear besides the occasional pimple but my chest is pretty moderate - severe. I don't understand, I do weight training and am currently on a bulk and only eat whole healthy foods, I drink a lot of water, and workout 6 times a week. I shower twice a day, once in the morning and once after I workout, wash my body with a special anti bacterial soap and then apply a prescription cream that is supposed to get rid of it but it doesn't, exfoliate, wear clean shirts, change my bedding every three days. I do all this, yet I have friends who do nothing but sit at home all day play videos games and eat junk with perfect skin.  I was also wondering some of the side effects of minocycline I was on it for about 6 months but my derm said its not good to stay on it for a prolonged period of time, but I've read people that have been on it for years and been fine, I don't exactly know what it does. All I know is it clears up my skin.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes