Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anthony180

Would Really Appreciate Help with "Cumulative Dosage"

Hello everyone.

I understand that you need to reach a certain type of cumulative dose in order for the acne to not come back.

I started off with 20mg the first month, 40mg the 2nd month (which broke me out bad on temples and forehead, some on cheek), went down to 30mg the 3rd since I broke out, then the 4th month went to 60mg and totally cleared up (december) no more actives on face, and then now on January I'm on 70mg and I don't break out at all. Maybe the odd one on my chest but that's it, face is like super clear. I feel like I just won't get anymore acne.

So I weigh 145 pounds and next month I will be on 80mg.

That will be a total of 6 months. I really don't want to extend this course anymore because it's driving me crazy and I want to begin to live life again.

My acne was mild-moderate when I began to course with only around 3-4 actives and then it blasted and I got alot in my 2nd month and then on my 3rd calmed down and 4th it was totally eliminated.

Now, I'm wondering with me weighing 145 pounds and taking a dosage of 20mg first month, 40mg 2nd month, 30mg 3rd month, 60mg 4month, 70mg 5month, and 80mg the 6month, would that be enough to reach my "cumulative dose"?

I can't figure out the math (please trust me I've tried) and I would truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart if someone could tell me If I reached my cumulative dose because to be honest I don't totally trust my derm and want to get off of this and am clear. If not, I guess I'll have to do 7-8 months but I just don't feel I can handle it no more. 

My bones hurt when I do exercise and i've just had enough of the side affects.

I would appreciate it so much, thank you!!

Edited by anthony180

I've assumed each month is 30 days just to make it a little easier to do in my head, you'll have taken 9000mg after the 6th month. 

You weigh 65-66kg. 

You'll have taken approx 137mg/kg which is within the range of the 120-150mg/kg that is recommended so yeah you have taken what is theoretically needed.

Edited by blobar123

On 1/5/2016, 7:21:42, blobar123 said:

I've assumed each month is 30 days just to make it a little easier to do in my head, you'll have taken 9000mg after the 6th month. 

You weigh 65-66kg. 

You'll have taken approx 137mg/kg which is within the range of the 120-150mg/kg that is recommended so yeah you have taken what is theoretically needed.

Thank you, wow I'm so crazy to be off of this!