Notifications
Clear all

Stopping BP makes my acne come back

MemberMember
(@darthren)

Posted : 01/05/2016 10:22 am

Hey guys! How are you all doing?

This is my first post here. I've been battling moderate acne for quite a while (5 years), i'm 19 now.

I've tried all sorts of topicals and antibiotics, and I've noticed that Benzoyl Peroxide worked quite well for me. After having used it for a few months,I was 75%clear with the occasional few pimplesevery now and then, but I had flaky skin and I believed thatBPwas trapping my oils. I decided to stop using it and look for natural cures. Green tea helped reduce it, but i didnt find a good enough solution. RetinA did a good job too as well, but made my face flaky and red.

Long story short, I am thinking about going back to BP (5%). But I don't want to keep using it for the rest of my life. My question is: If I use BP, will I reach a point where the acne naturally stops, and thus i can stop using it, OR does using BP makemy face prone to acne and dependant on it (BP)for as long as I use it?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/05/2016 10:31 am

4 minutes ago, DarthRen said:

My question is: If I use BP, will I reach a point where the acne naturally stops, and thus i can stop using it, OR does using BP makemy face prone to acne and dependant on it (BP)for as long as I use it?

Yes, odds are your acne will stop naturally and you'll be able to stop using BP. And no,BP will not make your face prone to acne or dependent on BP. BP stifles acne symptoms until acne resolves naturally on its own. When acne resolves naturally, you won't need BP to stay clear. Hope this helps! 🙂

MemberMember
(@darthren)

Posted : 01/05/2016 11:10 am

37 minutes ago, DeLovely said:

Yes, odds are your acne will stop naturally and you'll be able to stop using BP. And no,BP will not make your face prone to acne or dependent on BP. BP stifles acne symptoms until acne resolves naturally on its own. When acne resolves naturally, you won't need BP to stay clear. Hope this helps! 🙂

Thanks deLovely!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@byeacne7)

Posted : 01/07/2016 12:28 am

I've had much better results using BP 2.5%, every time a higher percentage it just turns my skin red and dry.

DarthRen and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/07/2016 12:58 pm

I agree with you, 2.5% is much gentler on skin than stronger formulas and still produces great results! :)

You liked
MemberMember
(@sosweet21)

Posted : 01/11/2016 10:59 am

Unfortunately, there is no cure for acne, but that doesn't mean you will have to use it for the rest of your life. Fortunately, BP is one of the more mild treatments and you shouldn't experience too many issues.

DarthRen liked
MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 03/30/2016 3:56 am

Stick to 2.5% BP, and just remember, you're only 19. Your skin will naturally get drier as you age. My skin is way better now that I'm a bit older. :)