Notifications
Clear all

How to view acne?

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 01/04/2016 9:03 pm

Anyone else feel like they are going insane looking at their acne. I swear one morning ill wake up and look in the mirror and think my face looks absolutely awful and then another day i think I look great, then ill look back at photos I've been using to trace my accutane progress and i literally look exactly the same. Or sometimes when i take a pic i think it looks awful and ill look back the next day and think it looks fine. Feel like I'm losing my sanity. Not sure what I'm gonna get for responses to this but wanted to vent it out lol.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 01/05/2016 4:24 pm

19 hours ago, gman2 said:

Anyone else feel like they are going insane looking at their acne. I swear one morning ill wake up and look in the mirror and think my face looks absolutely awful and then another day i think I look great, then ill look back at photos I've been using to trace my accutane progress and i literally look exactly the same. Or sometimes when i take a pic i think it looks awful and ill look back the next day and think it looks fine. Feel like I'm losing my sanity. Not sure what I'm gonna get for responses to this but wanted to vent it out lol.

Sometimes when i look in the mirror i can't actually believe i'm seeing my own face. I feel like i'm in a dream, like its not really happening. This ugly thing with redsores all over her face is not me. I'm a prisoner on the inside screaming to be set free.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 01/06/2016 7:31 am

I have exactly what you described... Grrr i feel like i'm going insane

whenever I see a new breakout I have such severe panic attacks..

I'm sitting on the edge of the shower as I type this and have been for the past 30 minutes because Im scared to see myself in the mirror.

this isn't how life is meant to be!

Ben100604 and gman2 liked
MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/06/2016 10:46 pm

I'm starting to really get bummed reading how you guys struggle so much with this! Hang in there!

MemberMember
(@lollipop22)

Posted : 01/11/2016 10:36 am

Everyone sees themselves much worse than the rest of the world. It's natural to be your own worst critic. Just try not to be so hard on yourself.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 01/11/2016 3:45 pm

Sometimes I feel as though I look better, but then all it takes is one new spot to come up and I feel like I'm absolutely disgusting.

I've been pretty much 100% clear in the past - for years at a time - and this is why I find it so hard to cope with acne.