Notifications
Clear all

Subcision done, see as far i can see improvement but i can't be happy

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 01/04/2016 6:29 am

Helloguys. 3.5 months ago i've had my first subcision on my boxscars. The doc did a peel, a mild laser, dermapen and subcision in one time. 18th of january i will go for a second subcision.

I see some positive results, but the thing is i can't be happy. Or i am afraid to be happy dunno. I have these thoughts that it is not permanent so i simply have to wait when they return. Or that i look in the wrong lightsand scarsare still hideous and the treatment didn't help. Because this treatment is really easy (included suction), i just cannot believe this is it. You guys know what i mean?

Don't know what i want with this story. Maybe some cheer up words?

MemberMember
(@bgzoik)

Posted : 01/04/2016 6:40 am

Hi there Noa

I'm also in the process of choosing a doctor in Europe for subcision.

Where did you have it done ?

Some pics would help 🙂

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 01/04/2016 6:48 am

Don't have pics atm... Doctor is located in Belgium.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/04/2016 7:57 am

I don't get what you mean actually. It's not like one treatment is gonna make your scars disappear. Either you see improvement or you don't. How much improvement have you seen?

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 01/04/2016 8:02 am

2 minutes ago, FriskyCreek said:

I don't get what you mean actually. It's not like one treatment is gonna make your scars disappear. Either you see improvement or you don't. How much improvement have you seen?

They areby no means gone. They just look a lot smoother.

I think a 50% improvement?

MemberMember
(@pverma23)

Posted : 01/04/2016 11:27 am

You've seen about 50% improvement with the first round of treatments and have another session to go, I think you have a lot to look forward to! A 50% improvement it quite good and it'll only get better from here :) Of course under some lighting, scars appear worse, but just think of waking up in the morning and seeing your improved skin every day vs the few times you might get stuck in some bad lighting.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 01/04/2016 1:26 pm

1 hour ago, PVerma23 said:

You've seen about 50% improvement with the first round of treatments and have another session to go, I think you have a lot to look forward to! A 50% improvement it quite good and it'll only get better from here :) Of course under some lighting, scars appear worse, but just think of waking up in the morning and seeing your improved skin every day vs the few times you might get stuck in some bad lighting.

I find it difficult to give an improvement. My scars are smoother, but they still look red. 

Anyway, i can look at my face without feeling totally miserable.

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 01/26/2016 10:47 pm

@Noa27hey noa, you suctioned right? did you have any noticeable nodules, and if you did how long did they last? thanks. congrats on the improvement by the way

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 01/31/2016 2:25 pm

No, did not have any nodules.

MemberMember
(@frasier)

Posted : 01/31/2016 5:53 pm

Congratulations!

Where did you do it in Belgium? How much did it cost? I am from Norway and need to go abroad to get subscision.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/01/2016 2:39 am

8 hours ago, Frasier said:

Congratulations!

Where did you do it in Belgium? How much did it cost? I am from Norway and need to go abroad to get subscision.

Don't know how to pm you... Maybe you can pm me?

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 02/01/2016 11:03 pm

Take advantage of the swelling. Go out there and do what you wanna do.

I loved the swelling period. (After the initial chipmunk cheeks, I felt more normal than ever)

Go enjoy yourself.

MemberMember
(@ponason)

Posted : 02/05/2016 8:17 am

On 2/2/2016 at 6:03 AM, holdingontohope said:

Take advantage of the swelling. Go out there and do what you wanna do.

I loved the swelling period. (After the initial chipmunk cheeks, I felt more normal than ever)

Go enjoy yourself.

You mean, you looked better with the swelling ? What happened after it subsided ?

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 02/05/2016 5:14 pm

the scars will come back. I've had subcision several months ago. No improvement at all. Not 5%, not 10%. 0%.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 02/06/2016 6:27 am

13 hours ago, CoconutRough said:

the scars will come back. I've had subcision several months ago. No improvement at all. Not 5%, not 10%. 0%.

Could you elaborate? Maybe they re-tethered. Perhaps you need to do it like 3 times with 2-3 months in between.... It's hard to say what exactly happened to you though without additional information...

MemberMember
(@ponason)

Posted : 02/06/2016 7:08 am

14 hours ago, CoconutRough said:

3 things could have happened :
-the doctor didn't cut them right
-they re-thetered (maybe you didn't use enough suction on them)? )
-your scars were not tethered in the first (what kind of scars do you have? )

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 02/07/2016 11:21 am

On 2/5/2016 at 8:17 AM, ponason said:
You mean, you looked better with the swelling ? What happened after it subsided ?

At first, the swelling looked like a chipmunk, but once the chipmunk cheeks subsided, there was still some microswelling and I felt more normal than ever before. Of course now, 2 and half months later, all swelling is gone.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 02/07/2016 11:27 am

3 minutes ago, holdingontohope said:
On 5 februari 2016 at 1:17 PM, ponason said:

At first, the swelling looked like a chipmunk, but once the chipmunk cheeks subsided, there was still some microswelling and I felt more normal than ever before. Of course now, 2 and half months later, all swelling is gone.

I started noticing that those scars eventually rose again... like 3+ months after the procedure. You'll notice that it looks more 'flat.'

It's a pretty long wait though, I'm doing my second one next week and I'll now this will be like an investment that might pay off like three months from now which is pretty depressing. Oh well! They say it can take up to two years to see the final results so we might not see the final result for a long time!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 02/08/2016 11:22 am

23 hours ago, il90 said:
I started noticing that those scars eventually rose again... like 3+ months after the procedure. You'll notice that it looks more 'flat.'

It's a pretty long wait though, I'm doing my second one next week and I'll now this will be like an investment that might pay off like three months from now which is pretty depressing. Oh well! They say it can take up to two years to see the final results so we might not see the final result for a long time!

I'm hoping my scars rise too. They were flat but I see a bit of them appearing again. I am using a suction device every day. Unfortunately, I am smoking which will not help in the optimization of the subcision. However, I hope to have quit by the next time I get my following 4 subcisions. Should I be using a peptide now? My doctor did not mention it.

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 02/08/2016 11:34 am

hi ponason and il90. I have moderate acne scarring, mostly boxcar and rolling scars, I'm 25 years old. I heard the 'popping sound' several times during the procedure. so I was quite happy then because mr.matt (who has achieved by far the best results I've seen) described a similiar experience. My skin was bruised afterwards and swollen. Due to the swelling my scars looked greatly improved overall. The suctioning helped keeping the scars levelled up, but only for a short period of time. After just one week, my scarring reappeared :(. I will definitely go for another round of subcision in the near future. But I don't expect any miracles, to be honest..

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 02/08/2016 3:03 pm

3 hours ago, CoconutRough said:

hi ponason and il90. I have moderate acne scarring, mostly boxcar and rolling scars, I'm 25 years old. I heard the 'popping sound' several times during the procedure. so I was quite happy then because mr.matt (who has achieved by far the best results I've seen) described a similiar experience. My skin was bruised afterwards and swollen. Due to the swelling my scars looked greatly improved overall. The suctioning helped keeping the scars levelled up, but only for a short period of time. After just one week, my scarring reappeared :(. I will definitely go for another round of subcision in the near future. But I don't expect any miracles, to be honest..

Yeah they will come back... then 2-3 months afterwards they start to rise again. This is normal. You'll have to wait a bit unfortunately, collagen takes time to build it won't happen in just a few days. I think most people see a difference 2+ months ahead. How long was it since you had the procedure?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 02/09/2016 7:16 pm

On 2/8/2016 at 3:03 PM, il90 said:
Yeah they will come back... then 2-3 months afterwards they start to rise again. This is normal. You'll have to wait a bit unfortunately, collagen takes time to build it won't happen in just a few days. I think most people see a difference 2+ months ahead. How long was it since you had the procedure?

Are you still suctioning now?

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 02/10/2016 11:27 am

uhmm I just had my second treatment, I will probably on day 3 or 4... But I didn't the first time around.

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 02/11/2016 11:48 am

@il90: I'm 5 months-post, already. Quite a while, don't you think? The collagen thing - it's hard to believe in it if you're dealing with some sort of serious acne scarring (significant tissue loss). As is the case with most types of deeper rolling scars. There are so many reports here of subcision that hadn't worked out. Since my subcision failed, I can't overlook these posts anymore.

MemberMember
(@ponason)

Posted : 02/11/2016 5:55 pm

6 hours ago, CoconutRough said:
@il90: I'm 5 months-post, already. Quite a while, don't you think? The collagen thing - it's hard to believe in it if you're dealing with some sort of serious acne scarring (significant tissue loss). As is the case with most types of deeper rolling scars. There are so many reports here of subcision that hadn't worked out. Since my subcision failed, I can't overlook these posts anymore.

What about subcision and using a filler afterwards that would be slowly repalced by collagen ?