Notifications
Clear all

is taking accutane with olive oil enough?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 01/04/2016 12:04 am

sometimes I'll take accutane with a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil when I forget to take it with food. is that enough to absorb it right?

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 01/04/2016 9:00 pm

No, probably not. I don't remember where I read it, but some guideline said a 1000 calorie meal with 50 grams of fat was ideal. I know that sounds ridiculous,

Are you taking it once or twice a day?

Are yougetting dry lips?

Is your skin improving?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 01/05/2016 2:49 pm

17 hours ago, acnehardcase said:

No, probably not. I don't remember where I read it, but some guideline said a 1000 calorie meal with 50 grams of fat was ideal. I know that sounds ridiculous,

Are you taking it once or twice a day?

Are yougetting dry lips?

Is your skin improving?

my skin is improving, but not as fast as id like to, I should start taking it with bigger meals ....

my lips are try and I take 40mg once a day

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 01/06/2016 6:14 pm

Just take it with the biggest meal of the day, that you have most consistently. You can add peanut butter if you want to absorb more medicine.
Did your doctor say how long they plan to keep you on accutane.

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 01/06/2016 6:19 pm

My doc said 20 grams of fat is the best you're gonna get, there is no scientific study that shows taking it with more than 20 grams is beneficial. The studies they have done have shown that people taking it with 50 grams have the exact same absorption as those that took it with 20 grams.

there are 14 grams of fat in a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil, so maybe take a little more or eat some peanut butter.