Notifications
Clear all

Please Help!! Acne scars cant fade

MemberMember
(@gegli)

Posted : 01/03/2016 6:32 pm

I was perscripted minocycline to treat my acne on cheecks two months ago and I have to say it did work on active pimples as expected... But i was also told that acne scars would fade in time as before. Now i have zero to one active pimples on my whole face but acne scars havent even faded a bit. Im feeling like minocycline is the cause because before this treatment all scars would fade in a week for sure and sometimes in a month but no scar has faded for 2 months... I have also taken 1000mg of vitamin c for this since 2 weeks before, that have not improved anything yet. All scars are perfectly flat except 1 or 2 and its all like post infammatory hyperpigmentation. What do you suggest? 

20160104_010959-1-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 01/03/2016 8:31 pm

will take time and these are not scars

MemberMember
(@gegli)

Posted : 01/05/2016 11:46 am

But how much time? It has been a month and nothing has changed.. Before minocycline everything would fade after some weeks but not now. And if not scars what then?

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 01/05/2016 11:54 am

i have red scars for like 8-9 months now .... i dont wanna scare u but give it time it will fade ateast u dont have scars u can shoe to derm if u wanna have some treatment vbeam laser or ematrix will help else leave it just give it time use sunscreen moisturizer and avoid sun and prevent further acne go see a derm

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/05/2016 2:24 pm

10% glycolic acid lotion with speed up the fading time alot. i use neostrata. they sell it at ulta or online. but there are a million brands out there.

MemberMember
(@pintador)

Posted : 01/08/2016 10:33 pm

Sorry. Accidently commented on wrong topix

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 01/09/2016 10:12 pm

On 1/5/2016, 804, foreveralone said:

i have red scars for like 8-9 months now .... i dont wanna scare u but give it time it will fade ateast u dont have scars u can shoe to derm if u wanna have some treatment vbeam laser or ematrix will help else leave it just give it time use sunscreen moisturizer and avoid sun and prevent further acne go see a derm

Why do you always seem like you're okay with still having marks after 8-9 months? Don't you think that's more than enough time for them to fade? Do you even want them to fade?
Why would avoiding the sun and using sunscreen help with the marks? How does the sun affect them?

MemberMember
(@baze15)

Posted : 01/10/2016 12:10 am

I have the same type of red marks on my cheeks. Have had them for over a year... Glycolic acid only makes them more red in my opinion. At this point, I need to figure out what the best medical procedure is to get rid of them.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 01/10/2016 6:30 am

8 hours ago, Iahmeeobop said:
Why do you always seem like you're okay with still having marks after 8-9 months? Don't you think that's more than enough time for them to fade? Do you even want them to fade?
Why would avoiding the sun and using sunscreen help with the marks? How does the sun affect them?

i am not okay with then and also i dont think sun exposure affects so much ..but i am having these marks for like so many months ihave tried enough but cant do anything if u want to fade them fast have any vbeam or ematrix treatment .. all i can say is that .. natural healing may sometimes takes years .. i have seen some people having acne marks forever and for some it just disappears .. so i cant say anything