Rough open nose por...

Notifications
Clear all

Rough open nose pores and unpopable blackheads

MemberMember
(@louross27)

Posted : 01/03/2016 12:13 pm

Hi everyone - I think this is a problem that affects many people like me that had terrible acne in their youth and was hoping to get some suggestions for treatment if anyone can advise.

I am now 40+ and after years of various high dose contraceptive pills, courses of roaccutane and finally switching to the Obagi skin care regime, my skin has been more or less calm for a few years now. However looking at my skin in strong daylight I can see I still have rough open pores on the sides of my nose peppered with tiny but very tough, deep blackheads which I simply cannot get out.

At present I am mixing my Obagi regime (brilliant for sun damage too) with Clinique Acne Solutions, their cleansing lotion (strong than their number 4 clarifier) , and turnaround lotion or anti blemish solutions clearing treatment. But I suspect I am going to need a stronger resurfacing lotion - with a glycolic or stronger salycylic acid solution to finally clear this area on the sides of the nose (strangely the tip of the nose is OK).I can just about cover it with make up but I live in hope there is a product out there that may deal with this specific problem. I was considering the Jan Marini Bioclear lotion - though pricey at 40 a bottle.I was considering chemical peels too as it just feels like the top few layers of the skin on the sides of my nose needs to be blasted off to cure this. Does anyone have any ideas please - other wise I reckon I am going to be stuck with this into my fifties and beyond.

Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/04/2016 6:51 pm

have you already tried Retin-A, Tazorac, or even Avene Triacneal Expert? triacneal is nowhere near as strong but you can buy it at drugstores.