Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi my name is Andrew and I started accutane in October. I was given 40mg once a day prescribed by my doctor for 2 months. The first few weeks of the second month my skin completely changed and I was becoming so clear, I was very happy. I am currently on my 3rd month right now because I had some break to get my wisdom teeth out. Anyways I'm about half way through 3rd month and this time my doctor prescribed me 80mg when I was a little hesitant because I wanted to try 60mg first. He said no I think you will be fine, so right now I'm on 80mg(40am 40pm) and my skin is starting to dry up really bad, I got one spot of a red rash but now it's starting to come a lot more I got more patches of red dry skin, and now it's on my neck from my coat rubbing against it. I don't know if this is eczema and I hope it's not permanent!

Some things I haven't done well which I will try to do better now.

1. I would take hot showers

2. I didn't lotion my arms or body at all, only face when needed

3. Did not drink as much water as I should have

Please help me I don't want eczema!!!

Im a 17 year old male, about 135lbs and 5'10in

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I got the same thing on my arms and back, on 40mg a day (20 in morning 20 at night). I've been on it for at least 2.5 months. Let me know how you went? What is it and how long does it last? What should i do? i.e. moisturise, cold showers etc.