Notifications
Clear all

Inferiority complex - advice please!

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 01/02/2016 2:53 pm

Hi everyone,

my acne/hyperpigmentation has caused me to have inferiority complex whereby I do not feel that I am good enough for anyone. I always feel that any woman deserves better. I know I should not think this way but it seems very difficult to think otherwise. I want to marry and settle down in the near future but because of this complex I feel as though I should not. There are other thoughts/feelings which also trouble me but this is one of the main thoughts/feelings. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 01/02/2016 6:04 pm

Thank you for your response.

To be honest, it is just how I have felt for years now. I do not feel good enough for anyone.

Women have generally been kind to me. I have been trying to become a practising muslim for some time and our religion prohibits us from dating so I am unable to comment.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 01/03/2016 6:57 pm

I feel the same way except that i am a woman. My self esteem is very low and i think that i'm ugly and weird.

But i'm sure you have much more to offer then just "looks." There are many women out there who are more interested in what kind of person you are. Are you kind and considerate, do you treat women with respect ?Thats the sort of thing that matters most.

Many women also have insecurities with their appearance. Why not look for someone who also has skin or other issues. Help make her feel good about herself.

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 01/04/2016 4:50 pm

Thank you very much for your advice. Much appreciated!

I do not think you should ever think you are ugly or weird. I strongly feel that none of us are ugly. We are all beautiful. None of us are weird, we are simply different.

Thank you for your kind words. I have been trying to be for sometime. I know I respect women. I try to treat women with respect. I guess you are right. Those factors are much more important.

No woman should feel that way. It is not fair. I thought about it as I guess 'she' would understand and we could try to support each other. However, I later thought that the chances of any children having acne would be very high. I would never want my children to suffer from acne.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 01/04/2016 4:53 pm

2 minutes ago, Zkay said:

Thank you very much for your advice. Much appreciated!

I do not think you should ever think you are ugly or weird. I strongly feel that none of us are ugly. We are all beautiful. None of us are weird, we are simply different.

Thank you for your kind words. I have been trying to be for sometime. I know I respect women. I try to treat women with respect. I guess you are right. Those factors are much more important.

No woman should feel that way. It is not fair. I thought about it as I guess 'she' would understand and we could try to support each other. However, I later thought that the chances of any children having acne would be very high. I would never want my children to suffer from acne.

How do you plan to get a wife?

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 01/04/2016 5:02 pm

Thank you for your response. It is a very good question which I had not thought about enough.

I guess my parents would search on my behalf. I could enquire with friends as to whether they know anyone or maybe use a matrimonial website. I have not thought about it in too much detail at this stage. The thought of considering marriage worries me to be honest. This is for a number of reasons but I think the main reason is my acne.

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 01/04/2016 5:30 pm

My friend, you have SOOO much more to offer than your skin!!! You are a whole person full of talent, humor, and you are filled with things to offer the world- including a potential person. You're more than your skin and we tend to see ourselves worse than everyone else.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 01/04/2016 6:23 pm

1 hour ago, Zkay said:

Thank you for your response. It is a very good question which I had not thought about enough.

I guess my parents would search on my behalf. I could enquire with friends as to whether they know anyone or maybe use a matrimonial website. I have not thought about it in too much detail at this stage. The thought of considering marriage worries me to be honest. This is for a number of reasons but I think the main reason is my acne.

Okay. Does your future wife have to agree to be with you?

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 01/09/2016 5:44 am

@jensweetone thank you for you response. Thank you very much for your kind words. You are right, there is more to an individual than their face or skin. True, I do see myself as worse than others because of my skin but maybe I need to try to think beyond my skin.

@AlexanderJ86 Thank you for your response. Yes. However, I think the issue I have at present is reaching a state where I am comfortable with considering marriage.