Notifications
Clear all

Will lactaid milk cause acne?

MemberMember
(@bhartman6941)

Posted : 01/01/2016 12:56 am

Okay so we all know milk (obviously) causes acne, but milk is full of good protein and much needed calories. Whenever i was drinking lots of regular 1% milk, i broke out like crazy. My skin has just gotten under control and i'm wondering if i were to switch to a hormone free milk such as lactaid if i would break out? Does lactose cause acne? Does rbst cause acne? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/02/2016 4:28 pm

On 1/1/2016, 1243, Bhartman6941 said:

Okay so we all know milk (obviously) causes acne, but milk is full of good protein and much needed calories. Whenever i was drinking lots of regular 1% milk, i broke out like crazy. My skin has just gotten under control and i'm wondering if i were to switch to a hormone free milk such as lactaid if i would break out? Does lactose cause acne? Does rbst cause acne? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I drink it and I'm fine with it. I drink the 1% lactaid that has added calcium in it.

MemberMember
(@dittus)

Posted : 01/02/2016 8:43 pm

Yes and no. Note that I think milk in any form and shapeis for baby cows, but that's another discussion...

There are multiple things in cow's milk which individually can contribute to acne.

1. most importantly!hormones,naturally occurring in even organicnon-treated milk. these hormones are produced by all pregnant cows (they aren't added), andtheyarewhat makes baby cows grow big. Lactaid milk is NOT hormone-free. It just doesn't have artificial addedhormones... it still hase natural growth hormones.

2. lactose (basically milksugar). lactose intolerance is a digestive issue. the problem with lactose that can maybe be related to acne is that itcauses a spike in blood sugar, just like eating any other sugary food. blood sugar imbalancesmight lead to acne.

3. sensitivity or mild allergytocow's milk. this sometimes presents itself as digestive issue, but for some it makes them break out.

MemberMember
(@luke89)

Posted : 01/04/2016 2:16 am

MemberMember
(@luke89)

Posted : 01/04/2016 2:16 am