Notifications
Clear all

After subcision when can I go back to work?

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 12/30/2015 1:17 pm

What is the downtime after having subcision for rolling acne scars? I am between jobs right now, However, I am interviewing. I would hope I could get a
subcision on a Friday and return to work on a Monday. I would do it now but I don't want to hear my significant other nag that I paid money it. However, this means a lot to me and I am going to get it done weather /he/she likes it or not.

MemberMember
(@orangez)

Posted : 12/30/2015 7:31 pm

/he/she...do tell, that sound scandalous.

But yea, I personally would not get subcision 2-3 days before an interview...

I think I saw somewhere that the downtime is like a week...although I think it might be strongly dependent on how aggressively it's done. Basically, how long does it take for a bruise to go away? That's how long you want to allow.

YMMV though as I'm just speculating.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/30/2015 8:23 pm

1-2 weeks. If you're suctioning 2 weeks, unless you're a girl (makeup) or you're a badass and can disregard people's opinions of you while you look as if you've self-injected botox erratically. I'm only kidding a bit.

Good luck!

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 12/30/2015 11:39 pm

After 4-5 days I looked ok. Yellow skin and bruising around the eyes though. If you suction then the downtime is longer. I looked ok after day 7 of suctioning and even when I continued suctioning for the rest of the following week I wouldn't bruise anymore.

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 01/01/2016 6:34 am

Thanks for the reply. So I really should not go to work after I get a subcision? Or can I get a way with it.

By the way, did anyone get subcision on their temple area? I have a few deep ones that really bother me.

How happy are you with the results over all?

Thank you

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/01/2016 9:26 pm

14 hours ago, 51WithSkin said:

Thanks for the reply. So I really should not go to work after I get a subcision? Or can I get a way with it.

By the way, did anyone get subcision on their temple area? I have a few deep ones that really bother me.

How happy are you with the results over all?

Thank you

HERE! Subcision + Suction performed twice improved my temples by a good 50%. All scars that were there are still there but now less pronounce! I'm going in for a 3rd subcision within a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@madzippy)

Posted : 01/02/2016 1:04 pm

I was swollen for a good 3-4 days. Not much bruising. 10 days out, still have one bruise and still some localized swelling. The edema and swelling might actually temporarilyplump up your scars.

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 01/03/2016 4:46 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. And thanks for the blog.