Notifications
Clear all

Seriously how do you people hold down a job?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/30/2015 7:15 am

Having a job as a normal person is tough enough as it is you have to deal with people you probably fucking hate bosses you fucking despise and just being a generally fucked up environment because Duhits Work.

I'm 22 years old and have already been fired from multiple jobs. From a wide rangeof industries including fast food, factories, landscaping, and I was even fired from basic combat fucking training for the US Army this summer. I'm not even kidding about that last part.

You see my problem is that by some miracle I was able to get my high school diploma but ever since then I just couldn't handle anywhere I've gotten ajob because the people have always forced me to quit. Due to my low self confidence, as a result I have been stuck in this cycle for around three and a half years now.

How the fuck, do you people continue going to what most likely is you're fucked up job because let's face it who the fuck likes going to work. The sad part is I need around an estimated 10 - $20,000 for a variety of facial procedures, that I am convinced is the only way I will ever look remotely normal and finally be able to just be a fucking human being.

But as mentioned earlier I have been unable to save up any money for any of my procedures, due to always being fired for poor attendance. How in the fuck am I ever going to break this cycle, if my one and only way of achieving my goals blocked by my own lack of self confidence. You have to understand, I have been dealing with not only bad acne but bad facial bone structure for ten long years.

My family isn't exactly rich and cannot afford to help me deal with these expensive problems. So can someone, anyone tell me how the hell can I get out of this cycle. I'm convinced that all I have to do to move on with my life, is get these plastic surgery procedures done and that is all I'll have to do in order to get my life back. Even though I never really even had a life at least not like the ones most people are used to.

For anyone on these forums, that think I'm bullshitting. Private message me, and I will send you pictures of my face just so that you can see I amfucked until I get the shit that I need done.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 12/30/2015 7:18 am

3 minutes ago, fatalbert911 said:

Having a job as a normal person is tough enough as it is you have to deal with people you probably fucking hate bosses you fucking despise and just being a generally fucked up environment because Duhits Work.

I'm 22 years old and have already been fired from multiple jobs. From a wide rangeof industries including fast food, factories, landscaping, and I was even fired from basic combat fucking training for the US Army this summer. I'm not even kidding about that last part.

You see my problem is that by some miracle I was able to get my high school diploma but ever since then I just couldn't handle anywhere I've gotten ajob because the people have always forced me to quit. Due to my low self confidence, as a result I have been stuck in this cycle for around three and a half years now.

How the fuck, do you people continue going to what most likely is you're fucked up job because let's face it who the fuck likes going to work. The sad part is I need around an estimated 10 - $20,000 for a variety of facial procedures, that I am convinced is the only way I will ever look remotely normal and finally be able to just be a fucking human being.

But as mentioned earlier I have been unable to save up any money for any of my procedures, due to always being fired for poor attendance. How in the fuck am I ever going to break this cycle, if my one and only way of achieving my goals blocked by my own lack of self confidence. You have to understand, I have been dealing with not only bad acne but bad facial bone structure for ten long years.

My family isn't exactly rich and cannot afford to help me deal with these expensive problems. So can someone, anyone tell me how the hell can I get out of this cycle. I'm convinced that all I have to do to move on with my life, is get these plastic surgery procedures done and that is all I'll have to do in order to get my life back. Even though I never really even had a life at least not like the ones most people are used to.

For anyone on these forums, that think I'm bullshitting. Private message me, and I will send you pictures of my face just so that you can see I amfucked until I get the shit that I need done.

Have you read my message?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/30/2015 7:36 am

Yes Alexander I just recently sent you a reply check your inbox.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 12/30/2015 3:22 pm

7 hours ago, fatalbert911 said:

How do i hold down a job? With great difficulty. I work in a library and actually dont mind my job, but it is a real struggle to go towork because of my skin. I am so insecure about my appearance. I wear make up to try to look better but i still spend the whole day depressed and worrying about my face. I have to put on this really fake persona when i go to work - smile and pretend to be happy, make small talk with people and be polite when customers ask dumb questions. Its very exhausting! But i need money so its what i have to do.

So do you know why you were fired? Surely not just because you have acne?

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 12/30/2015 3:42 pm

I feel the same way Geek Girl. I hate going to work with my ugly face. I dont like getting on the train and wondering if anyone is going to be brave enough to sit next to me or quickly move to the opposite side. At work, I feel like an outcast. Its bad enough that Im older than everyone else but to have horrible skin on top of it. UGH. Due to my skin, Im unpopular.Half the people do not even want to make eye contact or sit near me. But ive always managed to get great jobs. Keeping them has always been a problem for me.

I will tell you please try to maintain your job for as long as possible. In my 20s and 30s I was always moving from job to job. At this stage of the game when I find a good position I keep it. I could have had much more money by now but Im stuck living with my evil father.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 12/30/2015 6:42 pm

Yes i feel lucky to have this job because i have been doing it for so long now i have gotten used to everything. Like i know when my breaks are and that i can have easy access to a bathroom to check my face :) I need routine and familiarity. If ever i'm asked to do something different at work i start stressing and freaking out - but i try to hide it!

Sorry to hear your work mates are soooo mean! Most people at my work are pretty nice fortunately. They dont know the 'real' me though - just a fake person. They'd probably all be surprised to know how bad my skin really is and what an emotional wreck i am on the inside! 

bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/31/2015 5:36 am

Say I was wondering, has anyone currently on the forums here been able to get on welfare due to the psychological effects of acne/scars. I'm considering talking to a lawyer about my situation, to see if they can help me get on social security income. if anyone here knows about the process, msg me about it.Fuck it I don't care anymore,ifI can get on ssi I will.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 12/31/2015 7:36 am

Well in australia it is possible to get disability pension if you have depression - i know someone who gets it - shes on medication. Not sure if its the same in other countries? You might have to see a psychiatristand convince them that you're too depressed and psychologically incapable of working.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/31/2015 9:17 am

I enjoy my job for the most part but the first few years were hard on me. I'm a teacher and working around mostly women can be a lesson in high school all overagain as some women never grow out of that mean girl phase.

With that said, you have to come to work with the right attitude or at the very least fake it till you make it. You have a goal in mind of saving money so think about that everyday you go into work. Also, I highly recommend addressing your self esteem issues head on as getting everything fixed will not help to make you happy - that has to come from inside. I am going through that journey myself and it is one of the hardest things I have had to do.

In in regards to welfare, my personal opinion is that anything psychological that cripples you can probably be classified as a disability but why would you want to feed off of the system when helpfor the deeper issue is available? There is pride in being able to contribute to society so find something you're passionate about and work at it.

Stay encouraged man

Nish11, JLopez and bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 12/31/2015 2:11 pm

Alot of great advice has been given here. To tell you the truth I wouldnt want to not work. Seeing gorgeous, popular people gives me something to strive for. In the US trying to deal with any sort of public assistance is far worse than acne. Trust me. Ive had to deal with trying to obtain food stamps.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/01/2016 12:30 am

Ahh don't be so hard on yourself! I've ran through jobs like an open skirt on prom night. I once got two individual $1.00 raises in a 10 day period working at a detail shop, and then was promptly fired the next week! It takes talent to drift between under-employed positions on a routine basis.

If it's your skin you're worrying about then find a warehouse job. They are everywhere and it's cake! I got my Forklift certification to use inbetween semesters. Most places start you off around $12.00-$15.00 per/hr for forklift driver. Or you can work at Wal-Mart! Especially on the night shift because a lot of times I wonder if I just walked into a Wal-Mart or a circus with the shit I see.

bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/07/2016 4:22 am

On 12/31/2015, 205, bumpee said:

Alot of great advice has been given here. To tell you the truth I wouldnt want to not work. Seeing gorgeous, popular people gives me something to strive for. In the US trying to deal with any sort of public assistance is far worse than acne. Trust me. Ive had to deal with trying to obtain food stamps.

Havent gone to see a lawyer about it yet, but i might if i get fired a few more times...

Its bull shit, its all just bull shit, gotta work some shit job just to scrap by. If you want a better one you usually have to risk thousands in debt, see this is why im never having kids. Partly due to my acne gene, but mostly because i refuse to give the government another income slave. Motherfuckers have been screwing us over for decades, they dont tell you that in school though right? Im talking about how the economy went to shit after 2008 and how money has gone down in purchasing power over the last few decades. If your a babyboomer go fuck yourself, gen x and y stfu aboutmillennialsalready as if you know what itslike to be young in this digital era.

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 01/07/2016 9:03 am

On 12/31/2015, 559, fatalbert911 said:

Say I was wondering, has anyone currently on the forums here been able to get on welfare due to the psychological effects of acne/scars. I'm considering talking to a lawyer about my situation, to see if they can help me get on social security income. if anyone here knows about the process, msg me about it.Fuck it I don't care anymore,ifI can get on ssi I will.

I have tried this process of apply for SSDI over the course of 1.5 years. My state (one of those in New England, USA), refused to acknowledge the "acne, scarring, and anxiety" is a serious enough disability to prevent me from holding "substantial work" - even if the work isn't in my field of study/past experience... The first time most people apply (for whatever disability they think they have), they will get denied because the state simply hopes you give up after that. Well, I appealed the initial decision and more medical data about my 15+ years of documented, incurable anxiety was sent to them and the 2nd verdict was still the same.... They refuse to acknowledge how psychologically devastating severe acne scarring on one's face is... I even told them in my appeal after the first rejection that I wanted to speak to the decision committee face o face so they can see what I am talking about... I did not hear anything back about that. So I can appeal again this time or get a lawyer, but I am holding off on that for now.

How have I held down a job in the past few years? Well I have worked as a temp at a number of different places doing manufacturing/construction/etc. and thankfully, most guys that I worked with there don't give 2 shits about what other guys (me) look like! Only recently have I found a job with future potential and steadier income because my parents have lit a fire under my ass for being almost 30 and stalled for so long in my career growth!!

bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@beyondinfinity)

Posted : 01/07/2016 7:20 pm

14 hours ago, fatalbert911 said:
Havent gone to see a lawyer about it yet, but i might if i get fired a few more times...

Its bull shit, its all just bull shit, gotta work some shit job just to scrap by. If you want a better one you usually have to risk thousands in debt, see this is why im never having kids. Partly due to my acne gene, but mostly because i refuse to give the government another income slave. Motherfuckers have been screwing us over for decades, they dont tell you that in school though right? Im talking about how the economy went to shit after 2008 and how money has gone down in purchasing power over the last few decades. If your a babyboomer go fuck yourself, gen x and y stfu aboutmillennialsalready as if you know what itslike to be young in this digital era.

I agree, it is really hard today , if all us younger people didn't have our parents support we would be in even worse situation. We are currently being abused by the top 1% wealthiest organized criminals (banks, corporations, etc.) and I can't believe everyone is too blind to see it. It's organized crime on a global scale that is going on today,

That being said I don't think you should just give up. I don't think there will ever be a time on this planet when things will be perfect for everyone. There are always going to be corrupt people taking advantage of everyone else. You just have to keep trying. Have you ever considered asking for donations? You said you cannot afford the procedures then how about getting the money from others (with no obligation to pay it back)- I'm talking aboutcrowdfunding. Itis a big thing today, maybe you can get the money you need through donations?

Or get your story out there (in a nice way) in a news article, or local news,It might attract more attention and maybe help find some nice people that are willing to pay for it.

In the meantimethere are tons of things to try, from the comfort of your home.Try to think of something that you like to do or are good at? Maybe making app, computer gameor other computer programming, put up a websitewith a blog - try to attract traffic and earn money from ads or sell something online.You could always put yourinterest of video games to use and be a video game tester.

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 01/10/2016 6:42 pm

Excellent advice Beyond Infinity. Im also going to try to get my story out there. Ive made the decision that anyone who tries to bully me because of my skin will be called out.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/15/2016 12:22 pm

Well i'm starting a new job on Monday, I'll let you guys know how it goes although i'm assuming it'll be business as usual.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/25/2016 3:29 am

Update: well im one week in and guess what, as expected ive already been labbled as the freak. Im working in this new factory where not many people work, im on 2nd shift. I now know that no matter where i go i will always have people talking shit about me so ive made a plan for my self that goes as follows.

Im going to save up to straighten my teeth improve my looks by treating my scars and getting a nose job and possibly jaw augmentation as well as possibly get rid of my brow bone lump.

Once i do all that, ill go back to school for a degree so i wont have to work in a factory anymore. Pay off my loans and work in a nice of office without having to worry about my looks. I want to get all of this done before i turn 30 and im 22 right now so i have 8 years to do it.

If everything works out the rest of my life should be a cake walk from there, ill have a kid around 30 or 40 when i feel im ready.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 02/14/2016 9:44 pm

All that surgery and plans of procedures will give you hope and joy when you finally get to your goal though it all will be short lived in my opinion. You'll never be happy and always want more. They call this an obsession. You'll need to come to peace with some part of it sooner or later.

I have scarring that has improved in some areas while in others no and in the right kind of light and closeness it shows. I've reached the point in the last two years to where i just do not care. Its part of this body its part of me. Take it or leave it. If that is your focus for judging me as a person then you are one shallow mother F. That is my feelings. I've slowly come to terms with something harder than the physical effects of acne. I realize that I am a person and a decent one at that. I have things that make me different and unique. There are those that will appreciate it and others that over will look it, Its their loss. I do not care.

I keep a job because i work night shifts and i work in a locked unit away from crowds.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 02/15/2016 12:19 am

I've heard it's difficult to get SSI in general, and if you do the benefits aren't that great.

As for work, it's hard. I've had some awful hideous painful breakouts at my current job but .. I just had to. No easy feat. In my mind, it's more, well my coworkers have seen me look terrible, so they probably don't notice anymore, and in turn I can't let it effect me as much. BUT I can't lie some days it's miserable and mirrors can be my worst enemy. Have a goal, save money for a trip, or to treat yourself. That definitely helps. Just have to take it one day at a time. Thats the only advice really.

MemberMember
(@user21768)

Posted : 02/28/2016 10:39 am

I understand how you feel. I have avoided retail and customer service jobs all my life because I am self-concious of my skin. I sometimes think of how many friends, experiences and money I have missed out on.

MemberMember
(@ultramoire)

Posted : 03/09/2016 5:19 am

I have been struggling with my acne for a month now and it's affecting my job. Aside from calling in sick for two weeks because of bad breakout, I'm having a hard time focusing with my tasks. I'm still working on how to get over it. Any suggestions? Feel free to msg. me. I'm just new here.