Notifications
Clear all

Popping blackheads

MemberMember
(@neky)

Posted : 12/29/2015 4:48 pm

Hey! I'm kinda new here, and although I wouldn't say I've got acne (I get a few breakouts sometimes, right now I am struggling from a pretty bad breakout all over my right cheek) I do struggle with blackheads and whiteheads...

I want to know if it's okay to pop them, since they have been there for months and it is really beginning to annoy me, I'm scared that they'll later on turn into huge pimples during a time where I need to have clear skin, and 2016 is going to be a year full of special events where I don't want to show up with even more big red pimples. What I was thinking of doing is:

-Wash face

-Steam/apply warm washcloth to affected areas

-Put tissues on index fingers and pop

-toner

-apply benzoyl peroxide to areas where I popped

Does this sound okay? Or is it best that I avoid doing this? I have tried popping them out before which led to irritated skin, but I did not get any pimples afterwards. And one last thing (sorry if this post is way too long already!) How can I dilute benzoyl peroxide? I have only got 10% benzoyl peroxide, I have not noticed too muchirritation (but yes, peeling of the skin after repeated uses) but I do think it would be best to dilute it a little as starting with 10% does not seem like a very good thing as I have heard.

MemberMember
(@neky)

Posted : 01/02/2016 7:01 pm

On 12/29/2015, 1009, CP. said:

What product, if any?

I currently use clearasil skin perfecting wash and Lush angel's on bare skin

Unnecessary. A gentle cleanser is sufficient. Let me know if you need a list of recommended gentle cleansers.

What would you recommend for blackheads and whiteheads? I cannot get rid of them no matter what I do... I usesalicylic acid wash and a littlesalicylic acid cream thing from clearasil (2%) and they just do not work, I've been using them for weeks now as well. BP has not helped with them either.