Notifications
Clear all

3 months on Ortho

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 12/29/2015 3:11 pm

Hi all,

I need either support or words of encouragement because seriously idk anymore. I'm nearing the end of the 3rd packwith ortho cyclen and idk if it's helping or hindering at this point. I had no initial break out (thank the lord) and my face was getting better. My body acne cleared up. Now ending my 3rd pack and some of my acne has returned and my face is becoming more and more congested. Granted I haven't been experiencing cystic acne since starting (plus!). Also the new pimples I am getting are small and heal quickly. My face still feels crazy oily and just so congested.Should I switch? Also like to add that I'll be starting Accutane in a few weeks so idk. Please help I'm so lost right now.

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 12/30/2015 9:49 pm

Well for anyone who's reading...it's getting worse. More more and congested. My chest acne is back. I just don't understand how in my third month things have gotten worse. I got a weird cyst like thing on my cheek too. Is this normal? Any suggestions on what I should switch to? Should I stay on it?

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 12/31/2015 11:06 am

Well I'm done with this crap. Another cyst is coming through. I just don't get how everything can go so badly on the third package. Things were clearing month 1 & 2 and now this pack my face has gotten worse and oilier. I'm gonna go back to my gyn and try out yasmin or w.e else on Monday. I have to be on the pill for pcos and also starting Accutane in 2 weeks. Wish me luck yall I can tell you how down I am about this 🙁

MemberMember
(@katsc)

Posted : 01/02/2016 3:39 am

I'm not a doctor, but I would say either your body is still getting used to the pill or maybe Ortho Cyclen is not the right birth control for you (depending on how "bad" is your PCOS, you'll need a pill with a different, better progestin to treat it). Anyway, talk to your gyn about your pimples, I'm sure he/she will know what to do.

Be patient, hormonal acne takes some time to deal with, just don't give up. I myself got back to Yaz recently after trying a lot of natural alternatives without success for almost three years and my body is still getting used to the pill -- I still get cystic acne sometimes, and I know how much it sucks, but the key is to stick with it. Good luck! :)

Krissy990 liked
MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 02/01/2016 11:12 am

On 1/2/2016 at 3:39 AM, katsc said:

I'm not a doctor, but I would say either your body is still getting used to the pill or maybe Ortho Cyclen is not the right birth control for you (depending on how "bad" is your PCOS, you'll need a pill with a different, better progestin to treat it). Anyway, talk to your gyn about your pimples, I'm sure he/she will know what to do.

Be patient, hormonal acne takes some time to deal with, just don't give up. I myself got back to Yaz recently after trying a lot of natural alternatives without success for almost three years and my body is still getting used to the pill -- I still get cystic acne sometimes, and I know how much it sucks, but the key is to stick with it. Good luck! :)

Hey thanks so much for your response! I gave it another month and honestly it's been awful. Relentless pimples still skin oily as ever. Towards the end of this pack got a huge cyst right in the center of my cheek. Plus tmi but a yeast infection also not attractive.  I'm giving it up I've seen no improvement on my face. I just started yasmin 5 days ago so hopefully that will be more effective. The accutane has been postponed because my insurance denied me coverage. So I'm working my best to fight it. Very frustrating.  Well see hopefully yasmin will help me so that I won't need the accutane.  God willing. Thanks for reading good luck yaz is pretty great also!