Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there. 

I started taking vitamin D (in a capsule, comes in oil form) as I found out I was slightly deficient. 

I've noticed improvements in many areas of my face, but I seem to be getting break outs that are, for me, consistent with consuming oils (I notice that these occur on certain parts of my face) since taking it. 

Should I be taking a dry form of Vit. D, as opposed to the oil capsule? I'm concerned that the fact that the Vit.D I'm taking is in oil form is counter productive, for my skin at least. 

I don't believe in mega-dosing anything, but, with that said: is taking 2000IU safe? I'm currently taking 1000IU per day, as per the bottles suggestion. 

On 12/29/2015, 5:50:47, TheLastStarfighter said:

Hey there. 

I started taking vitamin D (in a capsule, comes in oil form) as I found out I was slightly deficient. 

I've noticed improvements in many areas of my face, but I seem to be getting break outs that are, for me, consistent with consuming oils (I notice that these occur on certain parts of my face) since taking it. 

Should I be taking a dry form of Vit. D, as opposed to the oil capsule? I'm concerned that the fact that the Vit.D I'm taking is in oil form is counter productive, for my skin at least. 

I don't believe in mega-dosing anything, but, with that said: is taking 2000IU safe? I'm currently taking 1000IU per day, as per the bottles suggestion. 

I'm going to be starting a post on taking vitamin D transdermally (through vitamin D lotion) for people who cannot easily digest oils. I'm waiting for my vit. D lotion to get here.