Notifications
Clear all

Accutane/achy joints/fatigue

MemberMember
(@sdel)

Posted : 12/26/2015 8:15 pm

Hi all, 

I am a 24 yr old female and I've been struggling with severe cystic acne for 5 years now. Previously I was on topical treatments, years of antibiotics, and spironolactone. I am on month 5 of my first accutane course and have seen amazing results! The first three months were horrible in regards to my acne but I am very happy with my current results. I am on 80mgs a day and have discussed doing at least two more months with my dr. 

Although I have been super fortunate in having very few side effects (dry lips, mild eczema on arms, aches, and fatigue) I was curious if other people have experienced achy joints and fatigue??? 

I am pretty physically active and since beginning accutane my knees, hips, elbow, and shoulder have all been bother me. Has anyone else experienced similar aches? Did they go away once off accutane? 

I am also curious if accutane has made anyone very fatigued? I would say I sleep a lot (8-12 hours a night) and feel very foggy if I am unable to get over 9 hours or so. 

Lastly, I am wondering if anyone saw a spike in their cholesterol? Last blood test mine was at 215 :/ (I have also been drinking alcohol on accutane and am not sure if this could be the reason or not) 

thanks for the help :) 

sarah 

MemberMember
(@clayman9)

Posted : 12/28/2015 10:30 pm

I'm a 15 year old male on my 2nd week and I've been having moderate Joint aches and back pain. It sucks but I think it'll be worth it.