Notifications
Clear all

Jealous of people with good skin

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 12/26/2015 5:53 am

I have been feeling really guilty because there is this woman i work with that i am so jealous of to the point where i kind of hate her. I feel so mean for saying that because she is a nice person and i do like her. But i can't seem to stopmyself from feeling hateful towards her!

She is a similar age to me (30) and very attractive with the most perfect, porcelainwhite skin. I keep staring at her and thinking how unfair it is that i can't look like that. I wonder what it feels like to be so pretty, and hope she appreciates it. I am so jealous and wish i didnt hate her but i do! Why am i so horrible?!

Does anyone else find they get extremely jealous of people with nice skin?

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/26/2015 6:37 am

All the time! But on the other hand, I actively search out flaws in peoples skin now. Literally look for the imperfection so I can feel better about myself - which is not cool, obviously!

it's natural to be jealous over something you really really want

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 12/26/2015 8:15 am

Whenever I am feeling this way, I look at this graphic and try to reflect on the truth in each of the statements...

Zen

MemberMember
(@mrl27)

Posted : 12/26/2015 2:41 pm

I don't trust people who have completely perfect skin...Lol just kidding but in reality, everyone has skin imperfections whether its wrinkles, moles, large pores, acne. oily skin, or dry skin.... its just a fact of life. And honestly, no one else is looking at our skin as much as we look at other peoples skin. (thats what i tell myself)

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 12/29/2015 2:41 am

its normal , in fact today while walking in the park two blonde girls were giggling and one didnt even wait til she was further down the path to talk shit she said " hes soo ugly " and kept giggling. i was pretty heated .......you just have to except the fact that that we live in a very superficial society.... in my head i thought to myself this bitch prolly couldnt even lift herself over a wall if her life depended on it , lol , to me its become more of survival of the fittest , and looking pretty is not gonna be such a priority , i take care of myself but acne has done its deed and i try to think of the bigger picture ......i just except the fact that yes i am ugly , yes i am humble , but you know what im strong and healthy and i will still continue to go out in public .... time marches on

Ben100604 and Luke89 liked
MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 12/29/2015 5:44 am

2 hours ago, hedgecore said:

its normal , in fact today while walking in the park two blonde girls were giggling and one didnt even wait til she was further down the path to talk shit she said " hes soo ugly " and kept giggling. i was pretty heated .......you just have to except the fact that that we live in a very superficial society.... in my head i thought to myself this bitch prolly couldnt even lift herself over a wall if her life depended on it , lol , to me its become more of survival of the fittest , and looking pretty is not gonna be such a priority , i take care of myself but acne has done its deed and i try to think of the bigger picture ......i just except the fact that yes i am ugly , yes i am humble , but you know what im strong and healthy and i will still continue to go out in public .... time marches on

We don't live in a superficial society. In fact, we don't live in a society at all when people behave like that. It is an illusion.

Luke89 liked
MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 12/29/2015 2:42 pm

that doesn't make any sense but ok

MemberMember
(@strongbodyforgoodskin)

Posted : 12/29/2015 2:53 pm

12 hours ago, hedgecore said:

When I read what you said, I got a strong feeling you will survive the coming nuclear war meanwhile those chicks will perish away like the nothing they are. I bet this doesent make sense to you either, but wait a year and you will see. Something bigger is upon us, we should worry about that, just remember honour is greater than pleasure, Keep your mind and body strong and keep your spirit humble.

hedgecore liked
MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 12/29/2015 3:01 pm

lol. bro im the zen master

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 12/29/2015 3:07 pm

I remember a few girls making comments about me being ugly back when I was about 17/18. It wasn't specifically my acne they were getting at, but just me in general. But, hey, I did have terrible hair, glasses and acne, so I certainly wasn't looking hot.

Still made me feel terrible about myself though. Having complete strangers put you down ain't nice and makes you realise just how superficial some people are. Not everyone is though, that's what you've got to remember.

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 12/29/2015 3:32 pm

theres a difference between hearing stuff and actually having it happen to you , in my case it happens a whole lot ,people are just arrogant when they think they are better then somebody, even if your smart, intelligent ,got a good head on your shoulders , even having alot of money, if they think you dont look as good as they do then all of that goes out the window, people are skin deep and thats all that matters to most people , oh and money , but even then you dont know what those people say and do behind your back or behind closed doors....its the society we live in , capitalism, its all about me , myself and i , and screw everyone else , theres no love for anything and thats how it is , people pretty or not are just plain miserable because they dont work on spiritually, people scoff at that fact and its messed up , even with thier big cars model wife and nice house , there are some people that get crushed by the weight of this mentality , cuz thats all people care about is money and looks and material possessions ....just remember that you bleed like everyone else and people when they die they wont be able to take all that crap with them, i strongly belive that we all have spirits and that there is an afterworld , good and evil

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 12/29/2015 4:44 pm

1 hour ago, hedgecore said:

theres a difference between hearing stuff and actually having it happen to you , in my case it happens a whole lot ,people are just arrogant when they think they are better then somebody, even if your smart, intelligent ,got a good head on your shoulders , even having alot of money, if they think you dont look as good as they do then all of that goes out the window, people are skin deep and thats all that matters to most people , oh and money , but even then you dont know what those people say and do behind your back or behind closed doors....its the society we live in , capitalism, its all about me , myself and i , and screw everyone else , theres no love for anything and thats how it is , people pretty or not are just plain miserable because they dont work on spiritually, people scoff at that fact and its messed up , even with thier big cars model wife and nice house , there are some people that get crushed by the weight of this mentality , cuz thats all people care about is money and looks and material possessions ....just remember that you bleed like everyone else and people when they die they wont be able to take all that crap with them, i strongly belive that we all have spirits and that there is an afterworld , good and evil

I agree that most people operate barely above the lizard brain level and thus skin deep looks are all that matter to them.... I agree with a lot about what you said in that the majority of people are chasing things that do not bring true happiness! I started a thread on another forum asking why in the world celebs who have more money than God would commit suicide (or die from drug OD which is a form of suicide perhaps since you could always die from it) ... My premise was that with millions of dollars, they could buy and do anything and thus have endless distractions. Most of the answer from forum users indicated that money only solves money problems and not emotional or mental or physical distress....

hedgecore liked
MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 01/14/2016 2:12 pm

I feel this way almost every minute whenever I see people with amazing skin in public, but then I just feel really bad about myself and how bad my skin is compared to theirs. I tend to still do this from time to time but now, I've stopped comparing my skin to others. It's bad for my mental health in general, and I'm so exhausted of letting acne run my life. Although acne is still a pretty big factor of how social life is in general, I've mostly chose to "forget" I have acne and just feel happy that my skin is looking better than before.

I even learned to ignore the stares but I admit I got really disheartened when I was walking down the street and this complete stranger who was stopped at a red light got his head out of the window and screamed," Get a doctor for your face!!" at me. Rude. LOL.

But what can you do? People who love you will love you no matter what so that's really all that matters anyway.

MemberMember
(@jzea92)

Posted : 01/15/2016 5:05 pm

Yes! I feel terrible for being jealous but I feel like it is natural to desire healthy clear skin. I just hope the people who have it do appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/17/2016 6:14 pm

My god you are all beautiful regardless of scars... don't say this stuff... I mean accept yourself, see the incredible parts of yourself instead of the stuff that is 'wrong'

I just find it incredibly depressing. Because you all have so much potential, but because someone says you are ugly, or you have scars or acne you are somehow worthless. Don't fall for it. They are scars. You survived. Go live. There are real people out there with just a much baggage whom you can laugh at all this with. That's what life is. Life is fucking morbidly ironic. Instead of being depressed about it see the irony.

People without scars and acne or whatever have other things that make them "worthless", they aren't smart enough, they are slutty, they are fat, they are ugly, they aren't from the 'right' family, they have baggage, they have been raped or molested and are damaged, they have an ugly nose, they come from poverty, they have the wrong kind of skin color, wrong kind of ethnicity, the wrong kind of nationality. The list goes on and on... It is like some power have actually convinced each and everyone that they are worthless in some way...

Will you let it control you like this? Say after me: I am fucking gorgeous and a fucking survivor.

If it isn't working it isn't you but the situation you are in, so get out. If you feel so worthless working with this woman, I am pretty sure it is not only because she has 'clear' skin. She probably has a part in it too. Either stand up for yourself and make sure she sees your brilliant personality that is the fucking epitome of strength because you know she wouldn't have been able to live in your shoes or quit your job and find one that you feel comfortable in.

You are not alone about 98% percent of the population has some 'flaw' that is so detrimental that they have been told they are 'worthless' but really it is just pure bullshit. You know who the people who master life is? The people who understand this. You base your own worth don't let them take over like this.

I'm going to climb everest I think (at least to base camp) this summer. I will do something awesome, I'm itching to do it. Fuck this stuff about looks and all that. I want to live, for real. I can do that you know, regardless if I have scars or not. You can too.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/17/2016 11:42 pm

Good. Be jelly.