Notifications
Clear all

Breaking Out Bad

MemberMember
(@nekrosis)

Posted : 12/24/2015 11:01 pm

I started isotretinoin 10 days ago and I thought i was getting better...then I looked in the mirror lol. Maybe this is my IB. Just need some opinions. I didn't take pictures of my forehead because it hasn't gotten better or worse. I'm 14 years old, by the way. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/25/2015 4:23 am

There's no pictures of you before to compare with, but yes, I would assume it's just the initial breakout :) so try not to worry

MemberMember
(@bstill100)

Posted : 12/25/2015 8:11 am

I have been getting breakouts since freshman year in high school and I am now a sophomore in college. I have met with my dermatologist several times and am currently prescribed a medicine called minocycline. It helped greatly initially, and still helps just much less so. Anyways what I have discovered works better for more skin than all other things is just reducing my sugars intake. This was initially a recommendation made by my doctor that I adapted to fit my life over time. At this point I have limited the sugar in my diet to one or two servings of fruit a day. Just try to slowly cut down on your sugars, that means all sugars even fruits especially ones with higher sugar values such as bananas or mangos. I myself notice a huge difference in my acne every time that I consume copious amounts of sugar and I have been lead to believe that all acne feeds off of sugars. I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/25/2015 10:55 am

Absolutely normal! Prepare to go through the ups and downs of accutane. You may get worse until the middle or even the end of your course.

Stay strong, take care of your body and enjoy life.