Notifications
Clear all

Silicone For Post Inflammatory Erythema

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 12/21/2015 2:19 pm

Is anyone on here familiar withusing silicone for post inflammatory erythema (PIE)? The red marks that you get from acne that take forever to go away? I've seen a handful of people on the internet claiming that silicone gel or sheets can help with PIE. Is there anyone currently suffering with these post acne marks that is using silicone and can confirm that it is giving good results? If so how well is it working, and how are you using the silicone?

The amount of information on how to get rid of PIE is severely lacking. It could be because many people may still be confused about the difference between PIH and PIE. If there's anyone on here with knowledge onhow to get rid of PIE resultingfrom acne, I would prefer if you'd let me know.

I know i'm asking about silicone but if you know of anything else that works your information is very welcome as well. Again, i'm only asking about PIE and RED color marks, not PIH or brown marks. There are many old topics on this site that discuss the differences between the two more in detailif you are confused about what i'm talking about. All helpful information will be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 12/30/2015 5:59 pm

Nobody knows anything I guess.

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 04/12/2016 11:33 am

hey there,
I'm on the same boat as you.But my condition is worse because i've got erythematous hypertrophic scars.I 've herad silicone sheeting works wonder on these raised scars and do have a noticeable effect on PIE.SO i'm gonna give it a try.
i have PIE for about a year now.The redness have faded quite a bit but become dark red when i go out in the sun

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 05/02/2016 10:39 am

On April 12, 2016 at 0:33 PM, Naimur97 said:

hey there,
I'm on the same boat as you.But my condition is worse because i've got erythematous hypertrophic scars.I 've herad silicone sheeting works wonder on these raised scars and do have a noticeable effect on PIE.SO i'm gonna give it a try.
i have PIE for about a year now.The redness have faded quite a bit but become dark red when i go out in the sun

Hi sorry for the late reply, I really didn't think I would get any posts here and I didn't notice this on here because I don't come on here very often. Anyways, you mentioned you wanted to try the sheets, and I'm sure you've probably already been using it for a while, so how has it been working out so far? What do you know about the gel kind? Do you think that kind works better for the PIE in particular? Or are the sheets more effective?

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 05/02/2016 11:05 am

16 minutes ago, Iahmeeobop said:
On 4/12/2016 at 10:33 PM, Naimur97 said:

hey there,

Hi sorry for the late reply, I really didn't think I would get any posts here and I didn't notice this on here because I don't come on here very often. Anyways, you mentioned you wanted to try the sheets, and I'm sure you've probably already been using it for a while, so how has it been working out so far? What do you know about the gel kind? Do you think that kind works better for the PIE in particular? Or are the sheets more effective?

Well,I haven't been using silicone sheets since I'm on accutane and can't do anything that I'm not advised by my derm since this is a very powerful drug.I asked my derm what can I do about my hypertrophic scars and PIE.She said I can't treat two things at once so I better finish accutane first.
However,I'm gonna start using silicone sheeting pretty soon after I finish my course(around a month or two later after accutane) since it's better to give the skin some "breathing" time.
I've heard sheeting works better than gel since It kinda keep the skin compressed(plus the silicone is already there).IMOscaraway is the best Professional medical grade sheets out there.My mom used them on her burned areas and they helped quite a lot.
Sorry if Icouldn't be of more help.