Notifications
Clear all

Yasmin advice needed!

MemberMember
(@kirsty_reid)

Posted : 12/16/2015 12:36 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this so apologies if this has already been discussed.

So some history - I've always struggled with acne! I was put on Dianette and then moved to Yasmin after about a year and my skin was amazing! Then 6-8 months ago my doctor moved me off of Yasmin as she said she thought that was why I was getting headaches (turned out I just dehydrate easily). She put me on Cerrazette and then I was put on Cilleste. Worst decision of my life! My skin went from being lovely to being a mess!

Im now back on Yasmin but my skin is still awful. I can't even cover it with make up its that bad. It's all red and big. I get married in 6 months and I'm desperate for it to clear! I can't walk down the aisle looking like this!

Can someone please reassure me this will help my skin again and that it just takes some time? I don't really want to go back into Dianette as my pill has changed so often in the past 6 months I'm worried it'll have a negative effect. 

Apologies for for the awful photos :( looks a lot worse in real life too!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 12/18/2015 2:24 am

yep, in my opinion it will if your acne is hormonal (as it appears so), and yasmin worked so well the first time. Your hormones are just a bit out a whack from all the changes so keep it mind it may take longer to clear than it did the first time, but I doubt any longer than 6 months.Unlike yasmin and dianette,Cilleste andCerrazette contain hormones which may cause more acne in some people and don't necessarily help to clear existing cases up.

Just wait it out and be gentle with your skin, good luck with your wedding!

MemberMember
(@kirsty_reid)

Posted : 12/18/2015 2:45 am

Thank you very much :)! Fingers crossed it starts clearing soon!

MemberMember
(@jersie)

Posted : 12/18/2015 4:11 pm

I started yasmin last January and for the first 2-3 months I was on it I broke out with cystic acne but then gradually it got better. I think this happens with almost every birth control if you switch because I just switched to ortho-cyclen (cheaper)two monthsago and the same thing happened. Just be patient! I also started the acne.org regimen (only at night) 4 weeks ago and that has helped a ton!

MemberMember
(@kirsty_reid)

Posted : 12/19/2015 4:55 am

Thank you Jersie! Can you remember how long it took to clear? I might have a look at the regimen bits, I've read great reviews about it all!

MemberMember
(@jersie)

Posted : 12/29/2015 4:39 pm

It took 3 months to notice that the cystic acne was slowing down and by the 4th month it was pretty much gone. I still had whiteheads and broke out a little but the cysts stopped appearing. Also my back and chest were the best they have ever been. I've also stopped breaking out from the Ortho cyclen now, (its been 2-3 months) so that seems to be the normal amount of time. Hope its going better for you now! Sorry I took so long to respond.

MemberMember
(@chi00)

Posted : 01/06/2016 10:24 am

I used tactupump while at home for a week and it killed my skin, it felt raw, was red and VERY DRY and literally felt like a bad sun burn, then I went up to my cottage and my cousin had the same perscription, so I just tried to use it again and IT WORKED WONDERS! For the week that I was there... Weird? when I got back home I continued the same skin care regiment I was using at the cottage (spectro gel combo skin, herbal spot serum, tactupump, then real aloe Vera cut from the plant) AND AGAIN I HAD THE WORST REACTION! Like what? So I went to my dermatologist and she said to look into the type of water at my house compared to the cottage, so turns out we have a SOFT WATER filter at the cottage, and really hard water where I live at home, she recommended me invest in a soft water pump but they're around $900 :( so I've been washing my face using Aquafina water bottles, this brand of water has been proven to be the softest, it has been changing my skin for the better! Try it out, and do research of the effects of hard water on ur skin! It's bad!