Notifications
Clear all

Is there really no hope for an acne cure?

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/16/2015 2:13 am

Im crying.... Again yes like usually but this time its a cry of agonyand despair.

Yeah when I saw this morning2 nasty big red bumpson my right cheeks. I had a panick attack, I wanted to scream but I couldn't because everyone was sleeping. At that moment I really wished to die and I stil do.

This breakout is hard to deal becauseI was usingthe clearogen lotion designed to "treat" hormonal acne. Im using it since November and it worked the first month but not anymore.

Im fealing hopeless and defeat, I tried so much treatments and diets but nothing works again those hormonal breakouts. I usually dont really have acne thanks to my skincare and clean diet but nothing works to at least reduce my monthly breakouts.

You propably think that Im lucky to only have pimple sometimes but I dont only dealfrom this skin issue! I have chronicurticairia on my face for no reason everyday and chronic petechiae(tiny red marks) around my eyes since 2years. I got them since I took accutane. Does someone here know why? I cant find anything on internet about this. And doctors have no idea why I have this.

Anyway I have so much to deal with, Its extremely painful to endure all of this. So I wanted at least try a way to control my acne. I need advice what could I do?

Sorry for this sad topic but I no longer know what to do. Living in pain everyday is not something that I want, if I cant find anything I thinkI will not have the mental force to go forward in living...:'(

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/16/2015 2:18 am

4 minutes ago, Porswis said:

Im crying.... Again yes like usually but this time its a cry of agony and despair. Yeah when I saw this morning2 nasty big red bumps on my right cheeks. I had a panick attack, I wanted to scream but I couldn't because everyone was sleeping. At that moment I really wished to die and I stil do.

This breakout is hard to deal bcz I was taking the clearogen lotion designed to "treat" hormonal acne. Im using it since November and it worked the first month but not anymore.

Im fealing hopeless and defeat, I tried so much treatments and diets but nothing works again those hormonal breakouts. I usually dont really have acne thanks to my skincare and clean diet but nothing works to at least reduce my monthly breakouts.

You propably think that Im lucky to only have pimple sometimes but I dont only dealfrom this skin issue! I have chronic urticaria on my face for no reason everyday and chronic petechiae (tiny red marks) around my eyes since 2years. I got them since I took accutane. Does someone here know why? I cant find anything on internet about this. And doctors have no idea why I have this.

Anyway I have so much to deal with, Its extremely painful to endure all of this. So I wanted at least try a way to control my acne. I need advice what could I do?

Sorry for this sad topic but I no longer know what to do. Living in pain everyday is not something that I want, if I cant find anything I think I will not have the mental force to go forward in living... :'(

Hi, there is no 'cure' for acne. There are just ways to prevent it.

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/16/2015 2:26 am

Yeah unfo

3 minutes ago, oyinkan98 said:

Hi, there is no 'cure' for acne. There are just ways to prevent it.

Yes it looks like it. But I read so many topics here of "how I cured my acne with this.... or...", "Acne can be cured with diet and ..." It gives you hope when you read those stories. But when I try and it doesnt work.... It hurts :(

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 12/16/2015 2:49 am

So accutane basically fkd you up more? Looks like i aint going on accutane anymore. Lmao.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/16/2015 2:57 am

8 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

So accutane basically fkd you up more? Looks like i aint going on accutane anymore. Lmao.

Lmao

31 minutes ago, Porswis said:

Yeah unfo

Yes it looks like it. But I read so many topics here of "how I cured my acne with this.... or...", "Acne can be cured with diet and ..." It gives you hope when you read those stories. But when I try and it doesnt work.... It hurts :(

When something has been cured, you don't have to take the drug anymore. Like when you're sick and all, you don't take the drug after you get better. Those 'How I cured my acne' whatever they do is continuous and if they stop, the acne probably comes back. 

Well, diet is a continuous thing/commitment. Lord knows I'm not ready for that lol. I know, Im unhealthy 😛

Find something that works and stick to it. - That's their 'cure'

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/16/2015 3:01 am

9 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

Well my case is probably really rare so dont worry about it to much. But yeah this treatment is a miracle or a curse. I think accutane should only gived to people with severe acne.

7 minutes ago, oyinkan98 said:

Lmao

When something has been cured, you don't have to take the drug anymore. Like when you're sick and all, you don't take the drug after you get better. Those 'How I cured my acne' whatever they do is continuous and if they stop, the acne probably comes back.

Well, diet is a continuous thing/commitment. Lord knows I'm not ready for that lol. I know, Im unhealthy 😛

Find something that works and stick to it. - That's their 'cure'

Yeah I guess a cure is a to extreme word

But when youre desesperate to reduceyour acne you want to try everything.

Lol dont worrybeing on a diet its not easy. Butwhen youre on it you get used to it.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/16/2015 3:16 am

15 minutes ago, Porswis said:

Well my case is probably really rare so dont worry about it to much. But yeah this treatment is a miracle or a curse. I think accutane should only gived to people with severe acne. 

Yeah I guess a cure is a to extreme word

But when youre desesperate to reduce your acne you want to try everything.

Lol dont worrybeing on a diet its not easy. But when youre on it you get used to it.

Trust me I've tried almost every product out there, lmao nothing worked. And I'm not a big fan of accutane and pills because I have very mild acne :) Yeah, like last week. I didn't take any drinks or coffee(It was so hard in the beginning though) I only took water, like 2 litres a day(that's the highest I can take for  now lol) and by the end of the week, I was so used to it. Now I only drink water and coffee sometimes, no cold drinks. But diet does not have anything to do with my acne. I'm still yet to find what causes it. But I'm glad I found something that prevents it.

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/16/2015 3:27 am

Great! You drink even more water than me. I admit that I dont drink enough right now.

Yeah diet is rarelly the true real culprit of acne but it can help it. I think for hormonal acnethe best treatment is spironolactone but I dont really want to take it because Im scared of it.

Good luck I know for myself the problem is that my androgen receptors on my skin are really sensitive to any hormonal fluctuation. So yeah Im not lucky

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 12/16/2015 5:35 am

diet hasnt done jackshit for my skin. when i went on holidays and ate junk food everyday my skin was actually better. I honestly think my biggest trigger is stress, but its the damn skin thats stressing me out. hahaha

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/16/2015 6:29 am

51 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:

diet hasnt done jackshit for my skin. when i went on holidays and ate junk food everyday my skin was actually better. I honestly think my biggest trigger is stress, but its the damn skin thats stressing me out. hahaha

Youre lucky! I always get bad breakouts if I eat something "bad".

Yes stress is a big factor to me too. But as you said my skin also stress me out so its a vicious cycle

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/17/2015 10:08 pm

16 minutes ago, Lucas89 said:

And for some people there's not even ways to prevent it.

But there's ways to improve it.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/18/2015 6:49 am

I think it's very true and realistic to say that there's no real cure. It's like saying how you found the cure for the common cold! No.. You got better, but you'll probably end up catching it again sometime in your life

same with acne. There is no way to physically stop your pores from getting clogged, which is ultimately how acne forms. There are ways to control oil/sebum production, and ways to control bacteria spread and treatment within the pores, but ultimately that's it.

I think that for those with severe acne it is worse because there is so much clogged, holding a lot of sebum and bacteria under the skin which in turn develops into more bacterial spread/forming and infection,and for those cases accutane right now is the only answer in order to just push it all out and stop new sebum from being formed - giving the skin a 'blank slate' to start agin.