Notifications
Clear all

Jessner peels/microderm; should i combine?

MemberMember
(@purplestove)

Posted : 12/15/2015 6:34 pm

I just had my 2nd Jessner peel last week and this time I didn't peel or really flake. I did notice that I shed a very fine layer (i was dry and "scaley" day 4). Myesthetician told me that if I'd ever like something slightly more aggresive she could do a Vitalize peel or perform microderm immediately before a Jessner peel. I'mconsidering the microderm before the Jessner, but I'm not sure if that would be too much for my skin. I had microderm once about 2 years ago and my skin tolerated it fine, but my skin had very tinybumps that came up for about a week after, nothing bad and it went away without leaving a trace.

Do you guys think it might be better to try microderm maybe a week before the peel or same day? I don't mind spending themoney if it's going to give me results. My skin is fairly clear, breakouts here and there. Mostly congested skin, minor red marks, large scarred pores and very shallowscarring and uneven texture (orange peel).

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 12/16/2015 12:35 pm

Microdermabrasion will hardly put a dent in scars, might help with minor textural issues.

MemberMember
(@purplestove)

Posted : 01/05/2016 10:37 pm

So I had a microderm between my scheduled monthly peels. The process was very relaxing (go figure) and my skin did feel much cleaner for a few days after, but that clean feeling didn't last nearly as long as it's feltafter my last few peels. After a few more peels I'll probably get a micropeel (microderm + 7% jessner peel), but I prefer the peels. Hopefully they smooth out my skin, but regardless I think they've been helping clean up my clogged pores. Cheers.