Notifications
Clear all

Dianette Journal

MemberMember
(@duvetmonster)

Posted : 12/15/2015 12:32 pm

So I started taking Dianette almost two weeks ago.

I'm 16 and I've taken two antibiotics before for my moderate acne.

Lymocycline- I took this for three months, I had to stop after this time period as my skin had worsened significantly, and it was really affecting my self esteem. No bad side effects, and actually cleared up the acne on my back and chest; however really had no impact on my face, and if it did it actually worsened it.

Erythromycin- I was on this for three months too, and stopped for the same reason (plus taking 4 pills a day, morning and evening, was an absolute pain). I was on this antibiotic while taking my GCSEs, and felt terrible throughout due to nausea (my friend who was on this actually spent a few days throwing up). Again, this cleared up my chest and back, but left me with even more facial acne (great for my year 11 prom...).

Bear in mind that I was taking exams when on these antibiotics, which could've affected my skin (although I didn't really stress out massively).

So, my GP has decided that Dianette (the combined contraceptive pill) is the way forward, and really my last option. So far seeing no improvements, but nothing has gotten worse, and I wasn't expecting anything in two weeks. If anyone has been/is on Dianette, I would love some insight, how long does it take?

MemberMember
(@katsc)

Posted : 12/27/2015 9:37 pm

Hey! I used Dianette for about 2 years and have to say it took about 3-4 months to start seeing improvements. Butdon't worry, Dianette is a very good pill for acne (one of the bests I've been, actually) and it will eventually dissapear -- just be patient and you'll see the magic.

I would only be cautious with the high dosage of hormones that Dianette has. You shouldn't take this pill for a very long time because of that -- so, when your acne starts getting better, tell about the possibility to switch to another pill, with a lower dosage of hormones.