Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo Burns

MemberMember
(@chexsea)

Posted : 12/14/2015 2:31 pm

I'm a 23 year old woman who has never had a problem with ance until very recently. I have been dealing with a lot of stress lately, and have had a few panic attacks which I think have caused the annoying bumps on my face. The bumps never really came to a head, were hard, and were painful to the touch. I had one between my eyebrows, two on both sides of my mouth, two on both sides of my nose, and one of the far side of my cheek. 

Since I have never had such awful acne before I freaked out and went to a dermatologist asap. He didn't seem worried or concerned at all, and gave me two Epiduo samples. He told me to only use a pea-sized amount at night, and nothing more. I did as he told me and hoped for a miracle in the morning. 

My bumps have dried up over the course of 4 days using Epiduo, but the spots are now bright red, sore, and look like they have been burned. It's worse than the actual acne! I'm losing my mind with worry! Have I have ruined my skin? How long will these burns last? Are they permanent?!

Please, someone tell me what is happening, and if this is normal?

IMG_0091.thumb.JPG.9c9c29b5950fcf13a2426IMG_0092.thumb.JPG.824fa74f353984caffe59IMG_0093.thumb.JPG.7608efcd3c1c60fa93559IMG_0094.thumb.JPG.45abf655f47956d04f92b

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/14/2015 3:19 pm

The way it looks is as if you've been spot treating them .. Which is bad. You're meant to use a pea sized amount over your ENTIRE face, including acne-free areas, not a pea sized amount for every spot.

epiduo can be quite tough but is very effective. I would lay off of the epiduo until those marks heal themselves, then limit it to once every other day.

MemberMember
(@chexsea)

Posted : 12/14/2015 3:21 pm

1 minute ago, Lore91 said:

The way it looks is as if you've been spot treating them .. Which is bad. You're meant to use a pea sized amount over your ENTIRE face, including acne-free areas, not a pea sized amount for every spot.

epiduo can be quite tough but is very effective. I would lay off of the epiduo until those marks heal themselves, then limit it to once every other day.

Thank you... The dermatologist did not tell me to use it over my whole face, so I assumed I was supposed to treat each spot individually. I am so upset...

MemberMember
(@chexsea)

Posted : 12/14/2015 3:42 pm

Is there anything I can do to make the burnt marks healquickly? Should I keep them moisturized?

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/14/2015 4:03 pm

Yes it's meant to be over the whole face so you've used too much - but it'll be ok. It will heal .. Some heavy moisturizer like cetaphil will probably help, but if not, Leaving it alone entirely will help as well

Chexsea liked