Notifications
Clear all

Am I the only one who finds half of the threads on this site have replies missing?!

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 12/14/2015 5:08 am

I think it's mostly the older threads but someone will reply by quoting someone and their reply won't be there! So frustrating cause there's some good info lost to it. I think this happened when they updated the site a few months ago (if i'm not the only one it's happening to).

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/14/2015 3:59 pm

I've noticed this as well but, like you said, only on older threads that were made before the site was revamped.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 12/16/2015 12:29 pm

Hey you guys. That is so strange. I don't know why that would happen. There's nothing we did that would have deleted replies.

Can you post links to any such threads that you find that have replies removed into this thread here so I can have a look and share it with my guys? I want to ensure continuity for sure.

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 12/18/2015 6:37 am

There's quite a few but for example this thread I was just perusing before seems to have replies missing. Again, it might not be visible at your end and could just be a browser thing for some users who have the same problem as me, but it occurred for me when the site updated. :) Thanks

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/98395-info-about-retinoids-and-the-initial-breakout/

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 12/18/2015 7:55 am

Same for me as above. It seems to only happen when people quote before they reply

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 12/23/2015 4:20 pm

Thanks you guys. I have my guys looking into it. Since it's the holidays it might take a while for them to get to it, but we're on it. Thanks for pointing this out.

Lore91 and WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@amlisouskigmail-com)

Posted : 01/04/2016 2:15 pm

This issue is not forgotten. I'm working right now on it and in couple days we will have an answer if this was issue because of saving data or it was lost during database conversion to the new IPB version.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/14/2016 2:05 pm

i am very sad about this too. is it fixable or are the posts gone forever?

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 01/18/2016 2:15 pm

It's fixable you guys. We're fixing it as we speak.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 01/20/2016 1:05 pm

Ok, all of the old posts should be back on the boards. Thanks Dollah!

-John- liked
MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/20/2016 4:30 pm

the posts are still missing :(
edit: ok, well most of them seem to be fixed, thank you!
there are still some in peoples personal logs that are gone

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 01/22/2016 11:35 am

On January 20, 2016 at 101 PM, hopeless87 said:

the posts are still missing :(
edit: ok, well most of them seem to be fixed, thank you!
there are still some in peoples personal logs that are gone

Do you have any links you can give us? We'll have a look. I want 100% of the content up on the site!

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/22/2016 3:19 pm

here is onethere were a couple more, i cant remember which exactly. i will try to remember and look.
found more

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@dollah-singh)

Posted : 02/01/2016 8:09 am

On 1/22/2016 at 4:19 AM, hopeless87 said:

here is onethere were a couple more, i cant remember which exactly. i will try to remember and look.
found more

Above posts are now come back. Please let me know if you find another posts with missing content.
Cheers!

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/04/2016 11:39 am

@Dollah SinghNice one. If I were to post up/send you links to a few threads would you be able to recover the missing posts inside them as well?

That would be brilliant and much appreciated if possible. Many thanks.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/04/2016 1:28 pm

I noticed my replies on some of my old posts were missing too.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/329794-19-weeks-on-the-regimen-heres-what-ive-learned/

MemberMember
(@dollah-singh)

Posted : 05/05/2016 1:04 pm

On 5/4/2016 at 0:39 AM, Paul B said:
@Dollah SinghNice one. If I were to post up/send you links to a few threads would you be able to recover the missing posts inside them as well?

That would be brilliant and much appreciated if possible. Many thanks.

Hi Paul,

Please post me links so that I can take a look.

I'd love to fix them all. Thanks for your support.

Regards,

MemberMember
(@dollah-singh)

Posted : 05/06/2016 8:58 am

On 5/4/2016 at 2:28 AM, nicmic62 said:

Hi nicmic62,

Please take a look at your old replies to check whether they are still missing or not. I think I have recovered your replies. If not, let me know kindly.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/06/2016 9:14 am

20 hours ago, Dollah Singh said:
Hi Paul,

Please post me links so that I can take a look.

I'd love to fix them all. Thanks for your support.

Regards,

I'll begin with just the one thread as it's a big one... (39 pages!)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/217908-ok-guys/

There's a missing post on page 8 and then I think there's several missing ones on every page from page 11 onwards.

If this is something you have to resolve on a post-by-post basis then you'll have your work cut out!

Many thanks for doing this for me, particularly if it's as much hassle as I think it's going to be.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/06/2016 11:39 am

Hey guys. Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like we have been able to recover the rest of the posts so things should be complete now. If you find anything else, definitely let us know. We should never have holes in the forum.

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/09/2016 5:26 am

On 06/05/2016 at 5:39 PM, Dan said:

Hey guys. Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like we have been able to recover the rest of the posts so things should be complete now. If you find anything else, definitely let us know. We should never have holes in the forum.

This post sounds great but I find the reality to be rather different... at least for the thread I flagged up. The posts are still missing?

MemberMember
(@dollah-singh)

Posted : 05/09/2016 12:13 pm

On 5/6/2016 at 10:14 PM, Paul B said:
I'll begin with just the one thread as it's a big one... (39 pages!)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/217908-ok-guys/

There's a missing post on page 8 and then I think there's several missing ones on every page from page 11 onwards.

If this is something you have to resolve on a post-by-post basis then you'll have your work cut out!

Many thanks for doing this for me, particularly if it's as much hassle as I think it's going to be.

Hi Paul,

I am taking a look at the link you mentioned above.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your co-operation.

MemberMember
(@dollah-singh)

Posted : 05/09/2016 9:25 pm

15 hours ago, Paul B said:
On 5/6/2016 at 0:39 AM, Dan said:

This post sounds great but I find the reality to be rather different... at least for the thread I flagged up. The posts are still missing?

Hi Paul,

Please check the posts again. They are recovered.

It is not post-by-post fix. I have written some scripts to recover all those posts, but it could have some bug in some cases. Thus i would appreciate if you post broken links here whenever you find further.

Regards,

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/10/2016 5:53 am

8 hours ago, Dollah Singh said:
Hi Paul,

Please check the posts again. They are recovered.

It is not post-by-post fix. I have written some scripts to recover all those posts, but it could have some bug in some cases. Thus i would appreciate if you post broken links here whenever you find further.

Regards,

Thanks, Dollah - you're a star.

It seems to me like some of the posts have been recovered but not others. For example, if you look at the last page of that thread, there are still quite a few posts where members have quoted someone else but you can't see their own responses.

I will start to work my way through this thread again and flag up anything that's missing. Thanks a lot.

MemberMember
(@dollah-singh)

Posted : 05/10/2016 9:04 am

3 hours ago, Paul B said:
Thanks, Dollah - you're a star.

It seems to me like some of the posts have been recovered but not others. For example, if you look at the last page of that thread, there are still quite a few posts where members have quoted someone else but you can't see their own responses.

I will start to work my way through this thread again and flag up anything that's missing. Thanks a lot.

Hi Paul,

I have recovered the posts of the last page also. Hopefully this should have recovered all the missing posts.

Keep posting the broken links if you find further.

Thanks.

Paul B liked