Notifications
Clear all

Vitex and cystic acne

MemberMember
(@2525)

Posted : 12/12/2015 11:39 pm

I ordered vitex hoping that it would balance my hormones and cause me to break out less. Last year I took it and broke out badly. At the time my skin was already bad so I did not think the Vitex caused the breakouts. I stopped taking the vitex after a week because I felt weird on it. Flash forward, I finally thought I got ride of cystic acne by taking dim and eliminating gluten and dairy. I took the vitex again and now I'm getting the biggest cystic acne. I stopped taking it after one day.  I worked so hard to get my skin to a good place and now its going crazy again. Has this happend to anyone else? How can i make my skin calm down?:( 

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 12/12/2015 11:51 pm

To be honest taking something that affects your hormones is not going to reflect on your skin the next day. Even taking the contraceptive pill takes a few weeks to a few months to have an effect on the skin.

In that case you may be somehow allergic/sensitive to the vitex, after all I believe it's a herb (correct?). I remember alternativista on these boards saying her citrus intolerance caused her to 'get cysts/nodules the day after I consume citrus'.

However, in saying that I have read reviews where vitex produced a negative effect in some users skin. Obviously then don't keep trying to take it if you feel its causing this reaction. :P

MemberMember
(@antonellad)

Posted : 06/25/2016 4:17 am

it is the vitex that is causing you to break out try the herbal blend peony and licorice you can find it on amazon

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/28/2016 1:26 am

I don't know, that doesn't make sense to me because Vitex is a slow-acting herb.

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 07/03/2016 8:40 pm

Vitex helps byincreasing progesterone. If your progesterone does not need to be increased, this could exacerbate your hormonal breakouts. ALWAYS get your hormones tested BEFORE you start messing with natural hormonal supplements. You can be doing much more damage than good.
Dim helps by eliminating bad estrogens

MemberMember
(@alyssat)

Posted : 04/03/2017 8:23 pm

Hi guys,

I remember being on this thread about two months ago and thinking "fuck it" and tried it. I am so very grateful for EVERY single person who took the time to write their honest reviews on here... Acne is awful - and I hate the reactions I get from people.

Background of my skin:
Hormonal and cystic. The acne was large and under my skin between my eye brows and my chin. It would take at least a week for my breakouts to surface after I felt them under my skin.

I started taking Vitex about 6 weeks ago, and there is a HUGE difference. I have not had one cystic pimple in the last 3 weeks even when I approached my time of the month. I have not had a cystic pimple free face since I was about 13 and I am 21. The pimples I get now are small and surface to skin quickly and they are minimal, 1-3 on the forehead but I believe this is from sweating at the gym.

I truly recommend this. No, it's not an overnight cure... but this might be everything you were looking for. I did not see results until a month or so in.
I was taking 210mg every morning but now take 400mg every morning once I wake up. Once I finish this bottle, I plan to go to smaller dosages in attempts to stop my body from becoming immune from my herb.